Another Aussie FJ28 Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
I was givin permission to post and share the following remarks are from the new owner..... newly obtained FJ28, it's supposed to be a 01-58 model, so this would be infact the earliest LC in Australia. The chassis number is before the 13 brought into Australia in 1958 by the Thiess brothers for the Snowy Hydro Scheme in Victoria Australia. We believe this one may be a sample or 1 off test model brought in before they placed the order for the first batch of LC's to be imported into Australia.

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

Most likely it was used in the Snowy Hydro Scheme construction and then sold off. We know it spend most of it's working life on a farm outside Broken Hill NSW, so rust is minimal for a workhorse of this age. It has rust for sure, but nothing like some others!!! It was then purchased in about 2007 by a fellow in XXXXXXXX who had plans to restore it. He got it going and overhauled the brakes and rebuild the spring packs. That's how far he has gotten with it and now I have had it transported all the way to XXXXXXXXX It took 19 days to arrive on a commercial car carrier service... I figured that they thought that I wasn't probably too much in of a hurry to get it..
Apart from this I know not much about it.

IMG_7291.jpg

IMG_7296.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

wow...meticulous job drilling out the speaker holes on the dash...you'd almost think it was factory if not for the previous knowledge and the ribbing on the dash

cool rig!!!

It's owned by a bloke with a few hours from me. He owns a few other very nicely restored Cruisers and I believe his plans are for a resto. Would be great to see it shiny again!

Yep.

what is happening with this lovely old thing? you americans aren't pinching our old tojos again are you?

you americans aren't pinching our old tojos again are you?

:confused: (liked the old confused symbol better) I believe it's the other way around on the olds ones. I know of at least one restored 25 over there. Seen a FJ40 as well. Plus parts headed your way. No it's your HJ45/HJ47 & BJ42 LX models we want.:D Anyone want to trade FJ25 four speed or early FJ40 three speed for a H55F out of FJ4X or HJ4X? How about a early centered rear axle FJ25 or FJ40 for 4X series full floater rear axle? At least you guys have a possibility of finding old parts still laying around. Everything we want most likely came from over there. Except the H55F five speed while never imported here we can get new ones for th6X series.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom