new joiner 02 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_20141019_200908.jpg
Hey guys my name is jacob and well I just joined I have a 2002 toyota 4runner that I plan on turning it into a trail rig but for now it's just stock

First thing you are going to need is a good set of rock sliders to protect the body. Every body runs out and buys a lift then tires and wheels. Then they go out and hit a trail, and damage the body. Ask me how I know. You're going to need skids and I would look at RCI, or bud built. You want skids that run even all the way back to the transfer case. I had to build my own, as I run a marlin tacobox in my Tacoma. Ran over a boulder the other day, and it lifted my truck about 2 ft off the ground. Hooked my winch up and slowly dragged over the boulder, with no damage. then you are going to need bumpers and a winch, if you are going to actually going to run the harder trails. Have fun, and enjoy.

Welcome. Congrats on the 4Runner. She looks nice.

Welcome to mud. Looks like a nice platform to start from. I have kept my runner bone stock as it is my DD, but it is still pretty darn good on moderate trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom