Fuel issues? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sggoat has 2 great ideas. Get the glass filter...they are great. And if you do need a new fuel pump...do call BENO, they are still available and are the way to go.

John

You wouldn't replace the distributer ... You'd replace the cap, rotor, points, condensor, spark plug wires and spark plugs

Take a few pics with the cell phone ... And label wires and such so you don't have to write back that you can't recall what order things go back lol
Haha ya I can figure that much out lol. Thank you

Sggoat has 2 great ideas. Get the glass filter...they are great. And if you do need a new fuel pump...do call BENO, they are still available and are the way to go.

John
Where is BENO? I can check withToyota here at home. I already replaced the fuel filter this morning before I got your post. I replaced it with a fram metal one.

Oh ok rite on. I was also wondering, when I went to lordco a parts place here they have the whole distributor. But is that what they would be selling me, what you said earlier, the cap, rotor and points?

DUI is basically a GM copy design to be used in other applications

if your not that acustom to replacing the dizzy (distributer) than i would just replace the components ... cap & rotor and clean the points (using points file... a wife's nail file also works ... dont tell her :) )

I would consider maybe hooking up with a local cruiser head in your area for assistance if you were to replace the dizzy.... see link for local clubs >>> https://forum.ih8mud.com/categories/north-american-clubhouses-west-region.202/

you dont want to just start throwing money at the cruiser... better to find the specific issue and correct it

This may be back tracking a bit, but what carb are you running? Stock or something else?

I had a similar issue to what you were describing. I have a weber 38 carb. It was sputtering at higher rpm's etc. I changed the fuel filters with no success. I decided to rebuild the carb and when I did I found that there was a a small mesh fuel filter at the fuel inlet of the carb. It was completely packed with rust. I also have a poly tank like you do. My guess is that the carb fuel filter had never been changed or cleaned (or at least it was not changed for some time before the poly tank was installed)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414025964.658405.jpg

It may be worth a look in the case that you have a filter on your carb.

Good luck

This may be back tracking a bit, but what carb are you running? Stock or something else?

I had a similar issue to what you were describing. I have a weber 38 carb. It was sputtering at higher rpm's etc. I changed the fuel filters with no success. I decided to rebuild the carb and when I did I found that there was a a small mesh fuel filter at the fuel inlet of the carb. It was completely packed with rust. I also have a poly tank like you do. My guess is that the carb fuel filter had never been changed or cleaned (or at least it was not changed for some time before the poly tank was installed)View attachment 956818

It may be worth a look in the case that you have a filter on your carb.

Good luck
Ok thanks. That carb looks nothing like mine though but I will have look for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom