Builds Limited V8 4Runner "Build" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That came out great! I'm really considering going with a similar tire, be interested to hear how they work out for you.

Coming along quite nicely, look forward to more updates!

It's amazing what couple of inches and some tires will do for a T4R. How close are the tires to your uca's? Any reason you added the dif drop?

Pretty cool. What does it sound like with those new tires? How does the handling compare to stock?

They are a little noisy but not too bad. Def louder than my Nittos were on my Tundra. Handling in general seems about the same. Tires are much stiffer which you can def feel. Most interesting thing is the steering feel. It actually feels much "lighter" now. Like easier to turn. There is a lot less castor now bc of the lift.

It's amazing what couple of inches and some tires will do for a T4R. How close are the tires to your uca's? Any reason you added the dif drop?

The tires are close enough where I can't get my finger in between them and the uca. That was one factor in deciding to got with the 275 over the 285.

Edit: Didn't answer the diff drop question. I felt like since this is a DD and full time 4WD it was kind of a "well it certainly couldn't hurt..." deal. I'm sure it would be ok without it. I'm just trying to decrease stress to hopefully eliminate any additional failure points.

Last edited:
Also should note that I haven't taken any hard corners because of the higher center of gravity. :hillbilly:

Then it is not tall enuf.....:flipoff2:

Git after it............

Haha!! Give me some time! I'm just getting started!

Funny thing, I thought still fitting in the garage would earn some "smooth over" points with the wife... Boy was I wrong!! She is not happy with what I did to "her truck" :lol::lol::lol:

Funny thing, I thought still fitting in the garage would earn some "smooth over" points with the wife... Boy was I wrong!! She is not happy with what I did to "her truck" :lol::lol::lol:

Tell her it could be worse and show her a picture of my wife's 80......:lol:
Moab 2013 135.JPG

Erin said she liked it. Tell Liz if she doesn't like it we'll trade you the Jetta even for it like it sits. Tell her it gets like 50mpg highway.:D

Erin said she liked it. Tell Liz if she doesn't like it we'll trade you the Jetta even for it like it sits. Tell her it gets like 50mpg highway.:D

I'll let you pitch that idea next week. Just let me know when you're gonna do it so I can get my camera ready. o_O

Got our in-house tint guy to do the front 2 windows on the 4Runner. It has the factory privacy glass in back. Came out pretty good I think.

IMG_1957.JPG

Started working on some clearance this evening. Took the front mud flaps off. The fronts just required the bolts to be put back in to hold the flares on. The rear ones are a little more tricky. The rear flaps also act as close outs for the rear bumper. The bolts also hold the rear bumper on. So, I just modified the rear ones basically removing the "flap" part of the... er... mud flap. Pics below:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Is that Liz I see up there working on the front? You will bring her around. Before you know it I will be telling you "Liz would have Made it" :flipoff2:

Looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend.

Is that Liz I see up there working on the front? You will bring her around. Before you know it I will be telling you "Liz would have Made it" :flipoff2:

Looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend.

Haha. You're probably gonna be telling me that anyway. And it will be well deserved.

Trimmed the fender liners a bit:

Required tools...

image.jpg

Marking roughly what I want to cut:
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG

After a little trim:
IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

Driver's side was a bit flimsy so I cinched it up with a zip tie:

IMG_2011.JPG

No more scrubbing!!! (For now... Didn't flex it out or anything. Also only drove it across the driveway while parking.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom