EDIC HJ60 1987 some questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

Last winter my HJ 60 24 v (Canadian) gave me plenty of headaches - My glow plug system was not working plus my EDIC would not work when it got below 7 below

Ya that right I had two things acting up when it was cold - made for some real head scratching and plenty of mis-diagnosis

anyhow to get around the EDIC I used a stick (when it cold) to push the EDIC rod back and then the engine would start (after I got the glow plugs to warm up)
- so my question is this - if my EDIC would not work when it is 7 below I cannot help but think if the cause was something sticking inside due to the cold - in which case I should lubricate and clean it - any suggestions as where you take these EDIC apart and clean and then relubricate them

Now it was not a case of oil being cold because It was the rod that was not moving when it was cold
I also was running synthetic 5-40 rotella oil last winter and 15-40 non synthetic in the summer

thanks for any suggestions Kent in Ottawa

Hi kenthow would you judge yourself mechanically on a scale of one to ten some times it's best with this type of thing even if it looks complecated to just give it a go and open it up probably find the grease inside has gone hard and old and to thick on cold mornings to make a good contact there will be little positioning points in the unit itself but it's the fact that it is actually working when it's warm tells me it's not dead just in need of some tlc you might surprise yourself once you got it off take lots of pictures for reference as you stripp it so it can be reassembled in the same order ,just a suggestion it's what I do:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom