Cheap small Air compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I plan to mount a air compressor on my flatbed and am looking at options. I do not want to spend much, but need to get up to 100+ psi.

The little Campbell Hausfeld compressors look nice, but reviews are lackluster to say the least.

So, I'm looking for a small, 110V compressor that is not too expensive.

Ideas?

Not sure what you mean by "cheap". We have a couple of these Hitachi units in the toolshed for running nail guns, they've been very durable.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-EC12-2-Horsepower-4-Gallon-Compressor/dp/B0000225DO

Porter-Cable makes something similar, I see them on craigslist all the time.

I have a Craftsman 6 gal pancake at the office mostly for blowing dust out of the computers in the labs, it does the trick but that thing is NOISY.

I'd say find something cheap on Craigslist. There are always 110v air compressors on the local C'list. Even an oil-less job would work fine for what you describe. When it burns up you just grab another of C'list and go again.

Nick

$35 Sanden AC compressor from the junk yard and a 3HP AC motor. Cooter up a mounting plate.

lol, I already have a big rig air brake tank sitting around as well..
Hmmm

Honestly, harbor freight had their pancake air compressor on sale for 49.00 lol

Save the receipt. ;)

When you posted this it made me think of the compressor my step Dad had in his shop. He was an electrician in a small town and also doubled as the local appliance repair guy. His compressor was a refrigerator compressor, a dryer motor, a pressure switch from who knows what and an old electric hot water tank. All he used it for was blowing off dirt and filling tires but it worked well for many years. He had it in his shop in Oregon for as long as I can remember and at his place in Nevada for 20 odd years after that.

Last edited:
Thread is almost 2 yrs old.

JEM

Well then, how did the compressor hold up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom