WTB castle nuts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't seem to find the castle nuts that mount the rear shocks to the pins in the round cross member on my 65 FJ45 LPB. The post appears to be a fine thread, if anyone has what I need I would happy to pay for your time and shipping. Thanks

I just went through this on my 65 LPB. Oddly those nuts are a 12-1.5 pitch which is different than the front (12-1.25) Actually i've never seen a 1.5 pitch anywhere else on my truck! I found the part number for the rear nuts and found they were not longer available through Toyota. I purchased 12-1.5 nuts from a hardware store and drilled one hole to accommodate the cotter pin. You may have to check depth first to get a general idea as to where to put the hole. The nut isn't designed to hold much...but rather just to keep the shock eye from sliding off of the post...so crazy bushing smashing torque is not required. If you prefer you could get the nuts machined to mimic the castle style. See pic. -Adam

IMG_20140725_162950287_HDR.jpg

I just went through this on my 65 LPB. Oddly those nuts are a 12-1.5 pitch which is different than the front (12-1.25) Actually i've never seen a 1.5 pitch anywhere else on my truck! I found the part number for the rear nuts and found they were not longer available through Toyota. I purchased 12-1.5 nuts from a hardware store and drilled one hole to accommodate the cotter pin. You may have to check depth first to get a general idea as to where to put the hole. The nut isn't designed to hold much...but rather just to keep the shock eye from sliding off of the post...so crazy bushing smashing torque is not required. If you prefer you could get the nuts machined to mimic the castle style. See pic. -Adam

That sounds like the ticket Adam, I appreciate the info! Off to the hardware store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom