Brass Bushings tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nelsonjm624

1973 FJ40, 2F, 3 Spd, Wilwood f/r, 31x10.5R15
Threads
Does anyone have bushings for the early tire carrier? I would like brass and I believe the oem bushings are non - existent. I sent my carrier out for sand blasting, just trying to get it all together.

I made prototypes but the demand isn't there. I have to make 500pcs to get the price down to where I could sell 4 for about $25. There is a ton more material compared to my door bushings and a lot more waste.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I would definitely pay $25.00 to have the bushings. Do you have any readily available?

I would definitely pay $25.00 to have the bushings. Do you have any readily available?

No. I need to make them. Need the demand first.

I heard that. Thanks though hopefully I find something soon.

Are the earlier style bushings a different size than the tube style? Found pretty good fit for tube style at local Lowes.

Are the earlier style bushings a different size than the tube style? Found pretty good fit for tube style at local Lowes.

Yes...

Early Model tire carrier bushings:
Flange OD 31.09mm/1.224”

Flange Thickness 1.41mm/0.056”

Overall Height 16.5mm/0.650”

Barrel ID 16.33mm/0.643”

Barrel OD 18.64mm/0.734”

Late Model tire carrier bushings:

For 16mm pin, bushing p/n 90386-16004-bush
OD of pin is 16mm
bushing itself inside diameter is 16.07mm
bushing OD is 19.08mm
thickness of bushing is 1.59mm

For 20 mm pin bushing P/N 90386-20002

OD of pin is 20mm
bushing itself inside diameter is 20.08mm
outside diameter on bushing is 22.99mm
thickness of bushing is 1.60mm

Outside flange is 31.78mm
thickness of flange is 1.27mm

Would you be interested in making a set for the early carrier for some cash?

They are almost certainly bronze and not brass. Bronze is commonly used for bushings; brass is not. Bronze is harder and more long wearing. Brass is soft and ductile and will deform when used as a bushing in this application

They are almost certainly bronze and not brass. Bronze is commonly used for bushings; brass is not. Bronze is harder and more long wearing. Brass is soft and ductile and will deform when used as a bushing in this application
They are 360 brass.

Thanks for the information Southb. Looks like diameter changed on late ones somewhere in time, or is that the difference between top and bottom?

Another question.. If the thickness of the flange is more, will that hurt the alinement of the carrier to the hook?
Oh yea.. Hi-Jack over.
Thanks

Bumping this thread. I can make 25 sets of these bushings but the price will be $40 per set of 4 shipped anywhere in cont. US. Does that seem doable to people?

Alex what year model bushings are you making?

Pete

Alex what year model bushings are you making?

Pete
These are for the early style not the tube style. I can also do them for that style as a separate effort if there is demand for 25 sets.

If its for the squarish plate tire carrier I'm in (early correct?).

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom