Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone got a QPM? We could replicate it at our sheet metal shop at work and make it a 2 piece item and save on shipping. Could also make it out of galvanized metal to save on cost since it’s hidden behind the plastic panel

Anyone got a QPM? We could replicate it at our sheet metal shop at work and make it a 2 piece item and save on shipping. Could also make it out of galvanized metal to save on cost since it’s hidden behind the plastic panel
I think there is a QPM thread of someone trying to figure out an alternate option, they may have more specific details.

Well Wits end webpage is down. Who knows why, I placed two orders Jan 19 2024 and March 1st.
Jan 19 order is incomplete, a 135 dollar part is missing from the order. I reached out and we will see. I also turned it over to Amex to dispute the charge / or send the part. This point I don’t care either way.

Another order March 1 for 54.55 has not shipped yet.

Hope the people are ok at Wits end, and health is fine. All of that can lead to these issues I am having.

Anyone know if Wits End is still in business?

Thanks

Well Wits end webpage is down. Who knows why, I placed two orders Jan 19 2024 and March 1st.
Jan 19 order is incomplete, a 135 dollar part is missing from the order. I reached out and we will see. I also turned it over to Amex to dispute the charge / or send the part. This point I don’t care either way.

Another order March 1 for 54.55 has not shipped yet.

Hope the people are ok at Wits end, and health is fine. All of that can lead to these issues I am having.

Anyone know if Wits End is still in business?

Thanks

Haha "who knows why" it's down really?

You were still buying from this guy last month after he didn't complete an order from 4 months ago and you're worried about his health now?

I think there is a QPM thread of someone trying to figure out an alternate option, they may have more specific details.
Here's the QPM thread:
Cargo Accessory Mounting Panel - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cargo-accessory-mounting-panel.1329062/

You were still buying from this guy last month after he didn't complete an order from 4 months ago and you're worried about his health now?
Correction Feb 19 1st order, March 1 second order.

Yeah time just slipped by and I just recently opened the package about 2 weeks ago. I same it came and set it to the side. On to to bigger rat killing. Stabilizer bushings and ratchet timing chain idler I wanted to get them so when I pull my engine out I have the tensioner, do the stab bushing when I have the tires off for some reason. Hence why no hurry.

finished the lift in Feb and saw the worn bushing, so I placed them on order to do when I got around to it. Mine were worn and not spit out. So yeah threw it in the parts box with the other items I am accumulating, all coolant hoses, water pump, head bolt studs, stuff I will need when I get around to pulling the engine. In the mean time I got get busy with my Supercharger install on my 100 series. Had issues with needing unplanned modification that wasn’t predicted, So this 80 series got put on the back burner. Just got around to doing the bushing and see the tensioner was not shipped too. When I looked at the shipping slip.

Second order was their brake line block off plugs. Female and male … didn’t need them, but nice to have. So yeah just forget about it. I remembered and sent an email last week asking about that hasn’t shipped yet, no reply.

I own two Landcruiser’s, 4runner and just bought an RX350 for my wife to replace a car that got totaled. That took some priority, the With work I just have not made time… so that’s WHY!

I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt,
I am covered with Amex… they get my money back
To me if this person is out of business, or unable to do business.

So yeah, there is some reason this person isn’t doing what needed.

Just a question…. Before Amex just refunds me. If not it’s not that big of a deal really. Less than 200 bucks isn’t much in the total picture.

Saw his webpage down today, it was up I think last week or week before.

Later

Here is the pdf file for the Wit's End QPM wood inlay.

Attachments

• birch_insert_revC-3-21-18.pdf
    210.5 KB · Views: 62

I suspect a few people know why...

Correction Feb 19 1st order, March 1 second order.

Yeah time just slipped by and I just recently opened the package about 2 weeks ago. I same it came and set it to the side. On to to bigger rat killing. Stabilizer bushings and ratchet timing chain idler I wanted to get them so when I pull my engine out I have the tensioner, do the stab bushing when I have the tires off for some reason. Hence why no hurry.

finished the lift in Feb and saw the worn bushing, so I placed them on order to do when I got around to it. Mine were worn and not spit out. So yeah threw it in the parts box with the other items I am accumulating, all coolant hoses, water pump, head bolt studs, stuff I will need when I get around to pulling the engine. In the mean time I got get busy with my Supercharger install on my 100 series. Had issues with needing unplanned modification that wasn’t predicted, So this 80 series got put on the back burner. Just got around to doing the bushing and see the tensioner was not shipped too. When I looked at the shipping slip.

Second order was their brake line block off plugs. Female and male … didn’t need them, but nice to have. So yeah just forget about it. I remembered and sent an email last week asking about that hasn’t shipped yet, no reply.

I own two Landcruiser’s, 4runner and just bought an RX350 for my wife to replace a car that got totaled. That took some priority, the With work I just have not made time… so that’s WHY!

I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt,
I am covered with Amex… they get my money back
To me if this person is out of business, or unable to do business.

So yeah, there is some reason this person isn’t doing what needed.

Just a question…. Before Amex just refunds me. If not it’s not that big of a deal really. Less than 200 bucks isn’t much in the total picture.

Saw his webpage down today, it was up I think last week or week before.

Later

God bless you friend

1713973607314.png

On the schedule for May 1, 2024.

The message on the website:
1713973752108.png

View attachment 3615521

On the schedule for May 1, 2024.
I bought a rear view mirror bracket from him in October of last year. Every month I followed up with a courteous email wondering where my order was. He responded in November with some BS excuse and then I kept emailing him monthly. finally in Feb of 2024 I saw somebody else on Instagram post that they got one from him after ordering it a couple weeks later. So I baraged the guy with emails about why I haven't received mine yet. He ended up refunding my money, obviously has no idea how to run a business. So couldn't happen to a better person in terms of the bankruptcy. Hopefully he sells his CAD files (doubt it) and lets a competent businessman take over. Best part of the story is I had a friend order the part and I got it a couple weeks later. So I still got what I wanted.

I bought a rear view mirror bracket from him in October of last year. Every month I followed up with a courteous email wondering where my order was. He responded in November with some BS excuse and then I kept emailing him monthly. finally in Feb of 2024 I saw somebody else on Instagram post that they got one from him after ordering it a couple weeks later. So I baraged the guy with emails about why I haven't received mine yet. He ended up refunding my money, obviously has no idea how to run a business. So couldn't happen to a better person in terms of the bankruptcy. Hopefully he sells his CAD files (doubt it) and lets a competent businessman take over. Best part of the story is I had a friend order the part and I got it a couple weeks later. So I still got what I wanted.
crazy. against my better judgement, i threw caution to the wind and placed an order for a few of his unique parts, including a mirror bracket, in Nov '23. followed up weekly, with no response. finally in early Dec i asked for a refund on a couple occasions, and received it. thought i'd have to dispute it with my credit card.

glad you got a bracket!

What happened was he didn't have it in stock when you bought it, which apparently was true for the vast majority of everything he sold. Then when he did get them in stock he didn't care about your order anymore because so much time had passed and he was hoping you couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it, he fulfilled the newest orders instead.

What happened was he didn't have it in stock when you bought it, which apparently was true for the vast majority of everything he sold. Then when he did get them in stock he didn't care about your order anymore because so much time had passed and he was hoping you couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it, he fulfilled the newest orders instead.
sure, anything is possible and probably likely. one of the other items i ordered was a seal driver. he did reach out in early Dec about a batch of drivers that were un-anodized, due to an issue with his anodizing vendor (sound familiar?) anyways, i turned down his offer on that, and repeated my request for a full refund...and that's the one that finally cancelled the order.

what a mess and still saddens me to lose a vendor of niche products to a small enthusiast community.

Interesting case, looks like it was Chapter 7, involuntary with liquidation of assets but the trustee was discharged after motion was granted to convert to chapter 11.

Interesting case, looks like it was Chapter 7, involuntary with liquidation of assets but the trustee was discharged after motion was granted to convert to chapter 11.
It was converted to chapter 11 under the condition of a list of requirements being met, which His Joeyness failed to do.
It has since been converted back to a chapter seven and a new trustee assigned.

He was given every chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom