Ornch (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought this pig in Northern Ca, brought home, wife says, you have Steve the Pig, can I have this one? I’m like sure., then she says how long to fix it up? I just look at her.
So it sits in garage, cat had kittens on floorboards, wife says what about Ornch, I say it’s up next( hoping to stop her asking about timeline). So now she wants to know what’s left with Steve, so we can start this. I tell her after Moseley motor installed.
In the meantime I buy her a silver and white pig with 350/ auto on Bat, she likes.
IMG_6231.jpeg
3F1DA2C5-3752-4534-A98A-A5B6962EBFA0.jpeg

So I take Ornch to Texas, truck breaks down close to Steve at Northwest, he has to take trailer and Ornch to his shop, while I fly home. Fly back 10 days later for truck and trailer. Tell Steve , Ornch in back burner while Moseley Motor installed in Steve the pig. Fast forward I get pig back with new motor, but Sniper acting up. Back to Texas, finally get Sniper sorted out, bad part. Let’s start on Ornch. After we sandblast Ornch, more rust than we thought
Now what?

IMG_6254.jpeg

IMG_6253.jpeg

IMG_6252.jpeg

Decide to sell Ornch,,realistically don’t expect much, but don’t need this body, would be a great project for someone, but not me.
I’d been working on garage, leaving the silver and white pig out for about a month, time to put back in garage, should was first.
Went out to wash, as I’m walking around it, my eye catches something weird, I look down , bubble in paint, F………..k!, grab a bourbon and stare at it, had planned to sell when Ornch done. Now what?

In this day and age you can be anyone or anything you want to be, so I’ve decided to change Silver and White pigs identity, to Ornch. Hopefully get to rust and get years of use out of her, plus I have a pile o parts I have been collecting for build.
Going to stay closer to home on this build, Steve at Northwest has been great, his work done at very high level, but the 2000 mi commute has been tough, but, I have seen more of Texas than I ever dreamed of, that is one big state!
About 2-3 days after making decision, I get a call from Megadoomer, wsks how much for pig previously known as Ornch, I say what are you going to do with it? Then he tells me he crashed pig, I say come and get it, it’s yours. Not sure he will, but would love to see it get some love, I mean it Nick, it’s yours if you want

I am 100% taking you up on the offer. I am trying to sort out my schedule so I can look over what I have left and what I need. Then I'll need to find a weekend to hop up to Sac and talk turkey.

Unfortunately that I took on a 💩 ton of side work just before the crash. Great for funding restomods, bad for getting to do restomods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom