4x4 Labs Front/Rear Bumper set ups (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Looked and didn’t find a thread for 80s with Luke’s front/rear bumpers. Just bought a rear from him but can’t decide if I want to run his front or an arb. Anybody mind posting their rigs with 4x4 labs front or rear bumpers?

IMG_3068.png

His website has pics or goggle 4x4labs 80 series front bumber, and click images.
Depends on your taste but 4x4labs front bumpers for the win.

I have a labs front and rear, for looks I like Slee's front better, I think he has the best looking front bumpers for an 80. I just went 4x4 for the clearance.
If you go with the labs bumper, weld it yourself if can weld. Mine was not symmetrical when put together and created a few issues for me.

20180704_130351.jpg

1712319950948.jpeg

I am in the process of adding a shelf for my new LP9s. I wanted the lights to sit behind the bar for additional protection. I also relocated my winch controller to the area where the anti lock brake system used to reside. I also had to notch the bottom plate for my new power steering cooler and had a new skid designed and bent to protect the cooler since it hangs sown about 1/2" below the bumper. Just got it back from Send Cut Send.

20240303_163257.jpg

ARB front
4x4 Labs rear

I know the ARB is not the strongest but I love the additional protection of the lights and grill. I love the 4x4Labs bumper for being so simple and robust but I wish it had a better latching mechanism.
1712331986283.png

Also….. opinions on the high stinger variant of Luke’s bumper? I kinda dig it even though I probably won’t be running big lights upfront. Here’s a pic from Instagram of @formidable_land_cruiser ‘s rig. Big fan. Check his set up out. Thinking about going with the high stinger .
IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4696.png

IMG_4700.jpeg

Off top pic but who made the ditch light brackets?
Yodateq - same co who made the tailgate latch mounts too. A-pillars are a bitch to run wiring through, but I have bright fronts, ditch lights, and KC Cyclones below as puddle lights which turn on when I unlock the car (aftermarket keyless entry) which has been awesome.

Theres a trade off between high clearence and coverage, for me its moot to have such high clearence when you have things hanging down explosed right behind it. (e.g. The obvious AC Dryer)

I was torn between Slee, 4x4Labs and ARB. I went with the ARB but seeing the Slee in person its a bit better quality overall, if I had to do it again I would get the Slee for slightly more coverage over the 4x4labs.

Theres a trade off between high clearence and coverage, for me its moot to have such high clearence when you have things hanging down explosed right behind it. (e.g. The obvious AC Dryer)

I was torn between Slee, 4x4Labs and ARB. I went with the ARB but seeing the Slee in person its a bit better quality overall, if I had to do it again I would get the Slee for slightly more coverage over the 4x4labs.
Agreed, once I have mine back together again, it is off to an AC shop to re-route the AC lines to get the dryer up and out of the way.

Shortbus up front and 4X4 in the rear for me, love em both

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom