project yellow nightmare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
howdy. i almost always use yotatech for mini truck builds but im going to do this one on mud because, well why not. about 6 years ago i helped a friend start tearing into a 79 pickup he found in Mississippi. he eventually found a second truck (1981 2wd) for donor parts and started combining the trucks. he did some good work, life got busy, kids came, we all know the rest. anyways, the truck has been in storage since then with little to no progress. he kept buying parts, and would throw the boxes in the garage with the truck. this weekend i came and winched it onto my trailer and drug it home. im deeming this project a nightmare because it has been completely torn down to nothing, and im left to slap it back together. its a 79 chassis with the cab from the 81 2wd. it has a rebuilt 20r with no miles and a w56b added in. 63" springs were added in the back and a RUF and highsteer. good start for a fun little truck. i have a couple 1st gen sitting behind my shop for parts but this thing came with alot of stuff to sort through. i need to go through all the parts and see what i need first. plan is to get it mechanically straight, starting running and stopping, and simply sell it to someone who will either paint it or leave it as it. so here we go, somehow between trying to finish building my shop and the other trucks, ill squeeze this one in.

IMG_9109.jpg
IMG_9113.jpg
IMG_9110.jpg
IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

This looks like a good starting point. Interior is decent, already has good things done to it. Following. Also, that tailgate is awesome.

Looks awesome. Should be a challenge, but well worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom