New member- 21 Seqouia Pro Looking for long range gas tank (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy yall, long time toyota guy here. First car was 07 4Runner, followed by a 2010 millennium silver manual TRD sc 4r, 07 tundra, 14 tundra, 16, 19 and 22 hybrid 1794 TRD OR. I sold the 22 and picked up a 21 Seqouia TRD pro for our growing family and desperately need a LR fuel tank. On the Seqouia Facebook group someone mentioned folks on here have swapped the Long Range 200 series spare tire tank into the Seqouia but my search has netted me zero results. Would love to know more, I am Boise, ID so LR is local. We tow our opus OP4 all over the west off the grid and need more range, especially coming from the larger fuel tanks of the last few trucks.

That would be a game changer, cross country trips require way too many fuel stops in the Sequoia.

Howdy yall, long time toyota guy here. First car was 07 4Runner, followed by a 2010 millennium silver manual TRD sc 4r, 07 tundra, 14 tundra, 16, 19 and 22 hybrid 1794 TRD OR. I sold the 22 and picked up a 21 Seqouia TRD pro for our growing family and desperately need a LR fuel tank. On the Seqouia Facebook group someone mentioned folks on here have swapped the Long Range 200 series spare tire tank into the Seqouia but my search has netted me zero results. Would love to know more, I am Boise, ID so LR is local. We tow our opus OP4 all over the west off the grid and need more range, especially coming from the larger fuel tanks of the last few trucks.
I'd suggest going and talking to LRA there in Boise. It's a common vehicle request, so maybe they could work with you to try out something.

To date, nothing has been tested as viable for the Sequoia.

I'd suggest going and talking to LRA there in Boise. It's a common vehicle request, so maybe they could work with you to try out something.

To date, nothing has been tested as viable for the Sequoia.
When I asked them about it a few months ago they told me they had zero plans for development. If it is truly as easy as someone said (modifying the bracket) and I can show them that, I bet they could make a modified bracket for us. There are at least 40 people I have found on various forums and groups that want an ext range tank. If i can find the person who made it work, life gets a lot easier trying to make this a reality.

Do a search as this has come up in the past and I have not seen anything for a long range tank for the Sequoia that anyone has built thus far--those threads may point you in the right direction. It for sure would be a game changer but I'm not sure any outfitters have seen enough willingness on the sales end to fabricate something up.

If memory serves it is not simple to retrofit another tank in

Don't forget the spare is going to have to get relocated too, and there aren't any aftermarket bumpers with swingouts that I know of.

Subbed, have been looking for some time for a client that is wanting more fuel capacity....

Tandem Off-road has a rear bumper with swing outs - not cheap!
Don't forget the spare is going to have to get relocated too, and there aren't any aftermarket bumpers with swingouts that I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom