TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$1000
IMG_6232.jpeg

I’m still happy with my $50 half doors I bought 30 years ago. It’s hard to swallow $1000 now.

IMG_6233.jpeg
IMG_6234.jpeg
IMG_6235.jpeg

$49 k asking price

IMG_6243.jpeg
IMG_6244.jpeg
IMG_6245.jpeg

Oh it would be nice to be in the city for all the sweet deals. Although i did get my last 8274 for free. Just had to get one gear for the motor from Amazon. Weld up some custom 8"x 3/16th's bolts and unseize the brushes. Oh and weld up that dam aluminum fairlead housing that always breaks when the line slips off the side. Sooo like a $1000 worth of time. LOL

Oh it would be nice to be in the city for all the sweet deals. Although i did get my last 8274 for free. Just had to get one gear for the motor from Amazon. Weld up some custom 8"x 3/16th's bolts and unseize the brushes. Oh and weld up that dam aluminum fairlead housing that always breaks when the line slips off the side. Sooo like a $1000 worth of time. LOL
Some of us could probably help out if you’re interested.

The deals pop all over. I picked up my 8274 near Nanaimo for $330. At that price for a low hours winch it wasn’t worth continuing to chase the plan of rewiring my WWII aircraft landing gear winch for my 40. I still plan to rebuild it one day, but it’ll probably go on a receiver hitch or something.

The Ambo would make an excellent base camp, and a long pulling winch would be great with its massive 215 amp alternator.

Thought someone might be interested in this… in Lake Cowichan $100
IMG_6262.jpeg

Don't think I've seen this one around. They look good with those factory style wheels. Maybe not 26k good 🤣

View attachment 3569834
That rig was around here for awhile a few years back. Had it in my shop. Looked like he did a decent job on the body work. Not sure if the same fellow owns it but he was looking to sell it back then.

That rig was around here for awhile a few years back. Had it in my shop. Looked like he did a decent job on the body work. Not sure if the same fellow owns it but he was looking to sell it back then.
At that price he may still be looking to sell it a few years from now too. 🤷‍♂️

Here’s one for @seapotato
IMG_6834.jpeg
IMG_6833.jpeg

Although in its condition, possibly overpriced.

IMG_6846.jpeg
IMG_6847.jpeg

Edit… looks like they’re just useless bling… not calipers

Last edited:
IMG_6848.jpeg
IMG_6849.jpeg

For free I’d take this, but I don’t have 2-3 hours to go fetch it… if it was even still there when I got there.

Only relevant if you’ve got an early 40/45/55 or axle from one…
IMG_6893.jpeg
IMG_6894.jpeg

Cheap… although you’ll still need spindles, hubs, etc. for a disc conversion

It’s for sale…
IMG_7031.jpeg

Guess he’s keeping the 43

Well, that'll buy some nice toys for his Subjugator.

It's hard to keep two nice cruisers....not that I've ever really had that problem 🤣
ICBC is a major deterrent… :(

When I’m working on the 40 and life is crazy busy it’s harder to justify insurance on 3 vehicles. 95% of the time I’m the only one driving them in our house. The car sips fuel so it pays to insure it… The ambulance can haul 2 decent sized dogs, 7 passengers, a set of 6 extra truck tires, and still have plenty of room to spare (in the footprint of an F150) so it’s an easier choice for a second vehicle. But the 40 is only big enough for 4-5 passengers counting K9s, uses as much fuel as the Ambo, and until a couple weeks ago was essentially 2WD.
That said, the 40 is a blast to drive and will go just about anywhere there is/was a road… regardless of its state of disrepair. :grinpimp: Now that the front end has gears matching the rear, the rear seat is replaced with a more flexible one, and it has P/S… its day is coming really soon. :D

IMG_7058.jpeg
IMG_7057.jpeg
IMG_7056.jpeg

Never installed $200

Tacoma Spare $50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom