Gx pricing leaked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let the Dealer gouging begin! Lexus of Concord LLC in Concord California

Toyota - https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/vehicles/affa120b5c7330a0277f3b0b5aa63a99

2poi78qelskc1.jpeg

Likewise, let the idiots who will pay begin doing so. One of the biggest issues with the world today is that you can be that dumb and have that much money. Humans are the only species to circumvent natural selection.
I see lots of large-scale fishing expeditions. There are a lot of suckers in the pond to catch - while not throw out a line and see what you snag?

I put $2,500 down in June for Over Trail 1st in line at the Dealer with money down. They just called and said they were looking at 7K over MSRP for the market adjustment. My comment was I am not a player at 7K over and that was not the deal we originally spoke of back in June when other people were not putting money down. I mentioned 7k was a very strong number. Of course they will be getting back to me. I wondering if they are just fishing to see if people are willing to pay the fake market adjustment. The dealer supposedly has a list of 60 deposit paying customers. Bummer I wanted the truck but we shall see.

Funny they dropped it to 4k over MSRP in a matter of hours. I asked them how can we talk real numbers when you do not have the vehicle and asked when they think they may get it. Response was April May or June not sure.

Funny they dropped it to 4k over MSRP in a matter of hours. I asked them how can we talk real numbers when you do not have the vehicle and asked when they think they may get it. Response was April May or June not sure.

That's totally crazy. They are no better than scalpers of consumer electronics and the like who try to pre-sell items that they don't physically have yet.

A buddy of mine has always wondered why there aren't more reported instances of violence at car dealers.

FWIW, my dealer sold at MSRP and did not add any market adjustments on the LX600's despite having a very deep waiting list. I had a deposit down for over a year before getting mine.

So not all dealers are doing this.

I see lots of large-scale fishing expeditions. There are a lot of suckers in the pond to catch - while not throw out a line and see what you snag?
Per my previous comment. Suckers are a subspecies of human that have secured more money than they have sense. They spend it frivolously without regard to what it does to the blue collar hard working man and they have little insight on what the value of a dollar really is. These people have an inability to make conscious decisions with respect to their neighbor, rather with their own material interests in mind.

I refuse to be part of a transaction, whether it be on the receiving end or not, that will sacrifice the wellbeing of someone's future financial self, or offspring, in order to supply my own self with more than I can currently manage. If you desire to live in a capitalist society, have the responsibility to keep it under control. There is profit, and then there is gouging. All it takes is being informed, and giving a damn about getting screwed. It's not hard.

When a dealer lies to you to justify their markup because of the "market", you just tell them "I AM THE MARKET". Stand firm in your resolve. They didn't pay a markup, and neither should you.

If you need to be first on the block for a popular vehicle, you will pay for that privilege. If you don't care about being first on the block, as I don't, then just have some patience.

Noticed the GX550 is in Costco Auto Program’s portal now—I’ve used it to anchor a price (albeit under very different conditions) but wondering if maybe there’s recourse here for dealers that mark up or pull the rug out from under people with existing orders in the future. Enough complaints via follow up survey might get dealers booted from the program?

Bought my 2019 Ford at $14K under MSRP, of course in 2019. Sticker was a shade over $81K.

No way I'm going play those reindeer games. I also got to order exactly what I wanted and it arrived within about 8 weeks.

I wish Toyota/Lexus would do the same. Until then, I'll let the idiocy settle down.

Adam

Lol yeah I bought my 2019 TRD Off Road Premium 4Runner w/KDSS for $37 in 2019—it seems like the 550 and to a degree LC250 are basically just more updated/powerful 5th gen 4Runners to the point where I’m starting to talk myself out of making a switch.

Interior of the Overtrail doesn’t scream high quality (or +$70K) to me and dimensions are very close to my current truck. Even the 2nd row seems super 4Runnerish.

Dk if that makes sense but hoping hands-on reviews of production vehicles and ownership experiences shared here will enable the irrational financial move in upgrading. Only complaint I have with the 4Runner is the tight cabin and lack of power.

Per my previous comment. Suckers are a subspecies of human that have secured more money than they have sense. They spend it frivolously without regard to what it does to the blue collar hard working man and they have little insight on what the value of a dollar really is. These people have an inability to make conscious decisions with respect to their neighbor, rather with their own material interests in mind.

I refuse to be part of a transaction, whether it be on the receiving end or not, that will sacrifice the wellbeing of someone's future financial self, or offspring, in order to supply my own self with more than I can currently manage. If you desire to live in a capitalist society, have the responsibility to keep it under control. There is profit, and then there is gouging. All it takes is being informed, and giving a damn about getting screwed. It's not hard.

When a dealer lies to you to justify their markup because of the "market", you just tell them "I AM THE MARKET". Stand firm in your resolve. They didn't pay a markup, and neither should you.
For the record I'd never gouge anyone and don't condone the dealer-gouging tactics. It is a shame that so many people are willing to throw money away though, and they'll always be a long line of folks there waiting to take it from them :). I work hard for mine....if it's getting thrown anywhere, it's in a investment account :)

This is a supply / demand phenomenon and I don’t blame the dealerships. Cars are the same as any other commodity; when demand exceeds the supply, cost rises.

If you want to be the first on your block with a new GX, what’s another 10 percent when you’re spending 70-80 large? If you want one below MSRP, buy in March 2025 instead of March 2024. Not a big deal. You’ll live.

I way overpaid for a LX a few months ago, but I knew that going in and happy I did it. It’s certainly not the Lexus dealership’s fault. I’m the one that wrote the check.

Lol yeah I bought my 2019 TRD Off Road Premium 4Runner w/KDSS for $37 in 2019—it seems like the 550 and to a degree LC250 are basically just more updated/powerful 5th gen 4Runners to the point where I’m starting to talk myself out of making a switch.

Interior of the Overtrail doesn’t scream high quality (or +$70K) to me and dimensions are very close to my current truck. Even the 2nd row seems super 4Runnerish.

Dk if that makes sense but hoping hands-on reviews of production vehicles and ownership experiences shared here will enable the irrational financial move in upgrading. Only complaint I have with the 4Runner is the tight cabin and lack of power.
I am in exactly the same boat with my 2016 Trail Premium. I have been looking at 2018+ Land Cruisers, and the GX550 Overtrail. Still unsure if
they are worth the added expense of trading in a solid vehicle, just to get an older LC200 or a new GX550, each with their own set of potential
liabilities and compromises, but with an upside to each. It is a tough call! Still not sure which way I am headed...

This is a supply / demand phenomenon and I don’t blame the dealerships. Cars are the same as any other commodity; when demand exceeds the supply, cost rises.

If you want to be the first on your block with a new GX, what’s another 10 percent when you’re spending 70-80 large? If you want one below MSRP, buy in March 2025 instead of March 2024. Not a big deal. You’ll live.

I way overpaid for a LX a few months ago, but I knew that going in and happy I did it. It’s certainly not the Lexus dealership’s fault. I’m the one that wrote the check.
I certainly understand supply demand as someone who works in selling my own services as a consultant :). Gouging may be a good short-term profit approach and will undoubtedly make the dealer lots of $$$ but it not a recipe a long-term, repeat business customer relationship. I certainly don't do that to my clients, while I'm almost never the cheapest, I provide a reasonable cost that's not gouging and provide them with good service. That's resulted in mutual trust and lots of repeat business where both sides are happy.

We waited months to get our Highlander Hybrid from one of your local Toyota dealerships and paid "only" $500 over MSRP. They could have charged an easy $5K over MSRP and sold every single one they were allocated by Toyota. Needless to say, I'll continue to use that dealership going forward for just about everything Toyota (they also have really good parts prices).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom