What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled my windshield cowl off, stripped, and repainted it. Went to the store shortly afterwards and noticed something was wrong... I forgot to put the wiper arms back on.

what paint and what stripper did you use? I'd like to do that to mine.
thanks

this is what I did today.
IMG_20160928_173401.jpg

@jerryb, in terms of stripper, I used a strong degreaser from my friends bodyshop, nothing fancy.

In terms of paint, Rustoleum satin black, same paint I used on my wiper arms this summer. I wasn't sure how it'd turn out but I'm relatively happy with it. If anything, I'm going to redo it properly in the spring but I couldn't stand how it looked before so I had to do something!

awesome, thank you. Mine had this weird black peeling paint effect when I rubbed them down with back to black. SO I said I needed to start from scratch.
Thanks man.

Jerry

Trimmed mud flaps, removed spoiler and debadged the rear except the Yota logo, probably going black with it!

20160928_185946.jpg

20160928_184710.jpg

20160928_184656 copy.jpg

image.jpeg
Doing what she does best .. Eating gas.

image.jpeg

Rolled 70k miles while rolling 70mph.

This was right after I did a preventative timing belt, water pump, and heater tees service!

It's amazing how much "horse power" she gains when you pull out of the dealer lot leaving your savings account behind. I really hate spending money on things I can't even tell were done.

View attachment 1328738 Doing what she does best .. Eating gas.

View attachment 1328739
Rolled 70k miles while rolling 70mph.

This was right after I did a preventative timing belt, water pump, and heater tees service!

It's amazing how much "horse power" she gains when you pull out of the dealer lot leaving your savings account behind. I really hate spending money on things I can't even tell were done.
How do you like those LED bumper lights? Been thinking about getting some, just not sure yet...

How do you like those LED bumper lights? Been thinking about getting some, just not sure yet...
Great question.. I purchased those and never got around to installing them. I later installed the PFRAN reverse LED's and the light output was so good that I installed the bumper lights / reflectors and ended up not wiring them for the time being because I keep thinking / dreaming that Im getting a bumper and tire carrier.

Im sure they would be a good option for remote locations but on a daily basis the PFRANs light up every parking light and driveway.

Built another drawer getting better at it. Used better materials this time around.

20160930_150142.jpg

20160930_150203.jpg

Put rollers on this one too

20160930_152233.jpg

So these show up in the mail WTF I dont even like spacers......

View attachment 1320508

note to self no more late night drinking with PayPal account open:rolleyes:

With all the bad 100 thread on vibs from spacers this should be a waste of time.:worms:
The factory jack with adapter makes for a safe install.

View attachment 1320511

To give myself the best chance I clean all mating surfaces spotless. First test drive <55 is looking good. Sunday I hook up the boat and head out. So far zero vibs the only thing different about my LX470 and most others is Im part time.:hmm: Maybe the game changer with IFS and spacers:meh: I do like the look with the the spacers and the narrow tires I run.

View attachment 1320514

Was getting some vibs at 75+ so after a talk with the tire balance experts we decided to balance the tires with the spacers attached. In doing so we will mark the position of the spacer on the wheel so when we remove them in order to mount the wheel back on the LX it will be in the exact place. It took very little weight to bring them to all zeros. Test at 85mph (on a closed course in my mind:flipoff2:) and very smooth.

Was getting some vibs at 75+ so after a talk with the tire balance experts we decided to balance the tires with the spacers attached. In doing so we will mark the position of the spacer on the wheel so when we remove them in order to mount the wheel back on the LX it will be in the exact place. It took very little weight to bring them to all zeros. Test at 85mph (on a closed course in my mind:flipoff2:) and very smooth.

Anyone balance with beads? Some of my friends with 35"+ tires have had good results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom