Cleaning radiator fins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While doing some cleanup I noticed that when looking up from underneath near the front DS tire you can see between the aux cooling and radiator and the front of my radiator has a nasty buildup of grime and debris. What I don't see is a way from the top to spray this out without removing the radiator.

Any suggestions?

Cooling fan is easy to remove. Pull it off and hose it down and/or use some coil cleaner.

I've mentioned this several times... just from experience of racing dirt tracks... which can have conditions much like what you off road guys experience.. the fins on radiator can become clogged dirt, bugs, sand... which restricts airflow and heat transfer.. and cause cooling issues...
I like the foaming coil clean for hvac units... spray it on (garden sprayer) wait... and hose it off... best to apply from the front and rinse from the back as much as you can... you will often be amazed at how much dirt is removed...

I've mentioned this several times... just from experience of racing dirt tracks... which can have conditions much like what you off road guys experience.. the fins on radiator can become clogged dirt, bugs, sand... which restricts airflow and heat transfer.. and cause cooling issues...
I like the foaming coil clean for hvac units... spray it on (garden sprayer) wait... and hose it off... best to apply from the front and rinse from the back as much as you can... you will often be amazed at how much dirt is removed...

Would something like this work @ponytl ? Or do you have a favorite brand to use? I may try this, AC is working fine, but it has been hot here in KY, so anything to keep the AC working efficiently would help.

AC-Safe Air Conditioner Coil Foaming Cleaner-AC-920 - The Home Depot

Would something like this work @ponytl ? Or do you have a favorite brand to use? I may try this, AC is working fine, but it has been hot here in KY, so anything to keep the AC working efficiently would help.

AC-Safe Air Conditioner Coil Foaming Cleaner-AC-920 - The Home Depot

I have not used that brand but I have used aerosol coil cleaners and they worked fine... just expensive to use... at most HVAC supply houses (johnstone supply) a foaming coil cleaner is about $16 gallon you can dilute anywhere from 4 - 1 to 10-1 it does not go bad... can use in a hand spray bottle or a pump up garden sprayer... you should clean the coils on your home AC unit every year anyway... works great on alum. pontoons btw.. I dilute 20-1 and use on just about any outdoor surface I'm about to paint... (may not be an approved use) but I painted a couple ocean shipping containers 10 yrs ago after no prep other than this treatment and the paint is still bonded to them...

I always wet the car/truck down before i clean the radiator just in case there is float or over spray.. I keep it off painted surfaces I don't want to paint... rinse with tons of water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom