What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've used the third row since we got our 80 Series in 2000. Now in a 100 Series and still use the 3rd row.

I have 3 kids...now 15/13/12. For long trips, one kid sits in the third row with the other 2 in the middle. Around town, we often find ourselves bussing the kids and friends...making use of all 8 seatbelts quite often.

The 1999 100 Series is our primary vehicle. It is our newest vehicle and (at 200K+ miles) our second lowest mileage vehicle (loses to a 1986 Toyota truck with 136K).

My wife is anti-minivan. It hurt when gas was $4-$5 per gallon...but we've been 3rd row using Land Cruiser drivers for 16 years now.

*Edit: I do take the 3rd row in and out quite a bit. Often running with one seat back there. That would not make me happy with the 200 as I do remove them for the space when the chore calls for it.

bunch of hardened Cheetos and funky forgotten fruit drink pouches.

You could get one of these and it would hold a lot more coin!

Japanparts.com - JDM Parts,Performance Auto Parts

I really want to adapt one of these to fit somewhere in my dashboard. Ideally it would replace the Engine Start button.

coindrop22.jpg

The ash tray holds a couple of (open) rolls of quarters, which is more than sufficient for me - especially now that parking meters are going to credit card/phone app payment.

I might not be the most practical person, but I've never really understood the want for LC 3rd row seats.
Obviously you don't have 3 kids ;)

Unlike my childhood where we rode around in the trunk without seats or seatbelts, seatbelt laws are strict now. As soon as we shuttle one of their friends around we need the 3rd row. Also when the kids are fighting, we pick one and make them sit in the way way back.

If you don't shuttle around ankle biters then they just get in the way.

I might not be the most practical person, but I've never really understood the want for LC 3rd row seats.

I seldom if ever used them in my 80's. Never once with my 100. Never with my 200. During ownership of all these, I've had two kids (from diapers to now both in college) and two big dogs. I've never thought to cram my kids in the 3rd row and my dogs appreciate the added room of the 3rd row being removed.

But most importantly, I enjoy the additional room with the 3rd row being gone. For example, if I remove their front wheels, I can easily put 4 bicycles in back of any of the LC's mentioned above.

If I was run over with kids and stuff and felt I really needed additional room, I guess my wife could have a mini van. I'm glad we've never been that family though (mini van.)

What am I missing about the 3rd row? Is there something magical? If your kids use them, what is the 2nd row used for?

What say you, 3rd row sayers?!?
We have 2 car seats in the second row so when we take friends or other kids we have to use the 3rd row. No one can really sit comfortably between the 2 car seats in second row.

My parents moved close to us to be near the grandkids. When we load up the whole fam, we put one child seat in the left side third row, and the second child seat in the middle of the second row. It's a little cramped for the 2nd row, but everyone gets a seatbelt.
I took the right side 3rd row out to improve storage.

Well, I finally got started on my ARB Bullbar conversion. I'm taking my "slightly used" non-winch bar, straightening it out, making some steel inserts for the fog light/indicator assemblies and cutting the winch mount cradle into it that will eventually house a 12000lb winch. I stalked the local ARB dealers fully loaded 200 wagon & measured up the holes & locations for the important stuff. I've now cut all that out and will get some steel plate made for the cradle to weld back in again.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great bike and nice bike rack as well, Kuat rack correct? I was just looking at the Moonlander, Mukluk and Specialized Fat boy. and I just passed on a used 9 zero 7 fatty as well. Its hard to justify a 3rd bike with all the non-riding time I already dont have.
I went with a specialized fatboy with carbon fork and am swapping out seat post bars and stem...

Installed OME suspension & SPC UCA's on Tues with @RockHawk 's help. Got it aligned yesterday morning. The new look & ride are a big improvement over stock. I'm very happy with it as is Mrs PHTaco (it's technically her DD). It looks & drives like a LC should IMO. Ready for Ouray.

In non-LC related news, I got used to driving the 200 and pulled the Taco into a parking garage, resulting in immediate and forceful removal and destruction of my RTT & camper shell. It also tweaked the bedsides outward a bit. Boneheaded move by me. One step forward and 3-4 back I guess.

that blows - congrats on your upgrades...and future upgrades for the taco

I should have asked in my last post, but is anybody running a RTT on the factory crossbars? Mine needs a new home for the Ouray trip next week....

I went with a specialized fatboy with carbon fork and am swapping out seat post bars and stem...
Nice, I picked up the Salsa Beargrease with Sram 1x11 groupo and whisky carbon wheels..19 pound fatty, the thing eats it all up. I love it.

I have almost 7,000 miles on my 2014 Specialized FatBoy Expert (carbon fork, carbon handlebars):

FatBoyBudLouWeb_08FEB15_zpsnzui5wk9.jpg

It goes everywhere!

What a beast! Seems like with those large tires it would be a bitch to peddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom