poor man auxiliary tank installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been thinking the same with the Trooper tank idea. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out in the end and the details to finish.

Nice work. I'm working on a sub tank too (gathering parts). I am ording the factory dual filler though (budget buster). I also found a holley blue pump ala @LandCruiserPhil . Your custom built neck is a lot like the 100 series filler neck so it has to be good enough right? I scored a tank from a four door chevy tracker for $20. We'll see how it works.
20160307_152630.jpg

I have a friend with a 100 (Hundy) with a similar style dual filler neck and he has complained of not able to fill the aux tank due to air lock or some such thing. Maybe it's a California fuel filling only, not sure but he sure was aggravated though!

I have a friend with a 100 (Hundy) with a similar style dual filler neck and he has complained of not able to fill the aux tank due to air lock or some such thing. Maybe it's a California fuel filling only, not sure but he sure was aggravated though!

Filling should not be problem using goranvolvo fabbed neck. It vents the same as the factory style neck. I see separate vents at the fill point of the neck as an impotant safety feature. If you try to over fill either tank by transfer or filling the fuel will just circulate back through the vent. BTDT

main tank and aux tank vent on top of filler neck .

Filling should not be problem using goranvolvo fabbed neck. It vents the same as the factory style neck. I see separate vents at the fill point of the neck as an impotant safety feature. If you try to over fill either tank by transfer or filling the fuel will just circulate back through the vent. BTDT

i reversed the vent hoses so main tank hose is on the rear side and aux is on the front so like you said if on tank gets overfile the fuel will go to other tanh they vent hose

all is left is to bolt the aux tank and do wiring

main tank and aux tank vent on top of filler neck .

i reversed the vent hoses so main tank hose is on the rear side and aux is on the front so like you said if on tank gets overfile the fuel will go to other tanh they vent hose

all is left is to bolt the aux tank and do wiring

Nice... paint make all the difference looks great and should work the same.

Definately need an update on this. This is an excellent idea. I would be willing to pay for one of your dual necks as well.

Sub'd. Would also be interested in one of your dual fuel necks if you ever wanted to produce a few.

Picked up one of these from a local pick and pull today. $30. but has nice drain hole they punched in the bottom

Pick and Pull does that to all their gas tanks, sadly.

Pick and Pull does that to all their gas tanks, sadly.

It is better than a parts yard full of potential bombs, isn't it? Sealed, empty gas tanks are dangerous, especially in the conditions/practices commonly seen at self-pull yards.

It is better than a parts yard full of potential bombs, isn't it? Sealed, empty gas tanks are dangerous, especially in the conditions/practices commonly seen at self-pull yards.

No I completely agree, just saying that pick and pull isn't a good source for intact fuel tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom