Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just picked it up. Couldn't pass. Service records 4 inches thick. Purchased from an attorney in Dallas. Kept routine maintenance. Had everything completely run through every 100k. Drives like new. Everything works as if it only had 40k miles it. He dropped 6k on it 9 months ago on front end, engine anf trans. All of it done at a dealer. He was going to pass it to his daughter, but says she wanted something newer. Interior was rewrapped in leather. Stitching even matches factory. It's perfect.

I know this is not high:
IMG_20160120_105757358.jpg

Was behind this guy at the dealership today. The truck was in rough shape, but it ran like a top. Being a northern rig the frame was Swiss cheese, but even that can be replaced these days.

He said he just couldn't bear to not drive it every day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453339319.636990.jpg

Was behind this guy at the dealership today. The truck was in rough shape, but it ran like a top. Being a northern rig the frame was Swiss cheese, but even that can be replaced these days.

He said he just couldn't bear to not drive it every day. View attachment 1195025
Did the guy give you any history?

430,619, that might be the winner. Wow!

No, but the service advisor said he brings it in for regular maintenance religiously. They've even offered to work out a plan to replace the frame and he wasn't interested. The lower tailgate was rusting out at the bottom, which is what caught my eye when I pulled in. I wanted to get a look under it to see what the salt would do to it over that length of time.

The advisor was pulling it away as I tried to snap some more photos and my phone locked up.

215,000 on my '98.

Not including wearables (tires brakes fluids etc)

1. Front diff grenaded and replaced with ARB locker at around 160k
2. Starter quit around 190k

Everything else is original. Including timing belt, heater hose tees, brake master cylinder, steering system, CV's. Radiator. Everything.

Sent from my iPhone

215,000 on my '98.

Everything else is original. Including TIMING BELT, heater hose tees, brake master cylinder, steering system, CV's. Radiator. Everything.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow, 2.5x the time and mileage change interval on the t belt is bold. I guess if it ain't broke.........

Diff broke in the driveway when stuck in snow. Nothing major, but spun a little then pass side tire gained traction on dirt and crunch

Sent from my iPhone

image.jpeg
Here's mine!

2000 LX with 209,267 as of today --- still looks great and runs like my wife's Singer sewing machine. I'm hoping to double that...at least.

Except when it breaks the 2UZ is an interference engine.
The VVTi appears to be, but plenty of post in mud where non-VVTi broke T-belt under load with no damage.

For all these 250K and above cruisers. Have any of you not service the transmission at all or done it for the first time at a very high mileage? I'm asking about WS transmissions only.

Now we're talkin'!

Is anything under 300,000 miles considered a "high mileage" Land Cruiser?

Nope.

I also think 500,000 will be a very rare milestone to hit. A few might, most won't. Engines historically just don't last that long as a rule. As great as the Toyota engines are... Every time you start it up and drive it, it's wearing out.

Hit 150K this week, runs and drive like new.
20160212_074020.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom