2004 Navigation Touchscreen Wacky-Offset Touch Input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davework

Cruiser Hardware: OverlandMetric.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.overlandmetric.com
Hi all, I searched for this problem, but wasn't able to find any past threads. Our 2004 touchscreen nav system has started acting strange all of a sudden. On all screens (Climate,Audio,Nav, etc...) when you touch the screen, the unit acts as if you touched about 2-3in to the right. So it is still mostly functional, just not easy to use and we've lost functionality of everything on the far left side of the screen.

I found a couple places online to send in for repair that I may try, but wanted to see if it might be something simple.

Thanks for the input.

Sounds like you're going to need a new resistive overlay (or the control board for the overlay). These screens are resistive type touch screens, meaning there's an overlay on the screen that acts like a 2D potentiometer, seems like you've got a bad Ohm signal on the X axis. Best bet, if you're not an electrical tinkerer, is to send it in for repair.

press menu to get back to the diagnostics screen.​

Then hold info again while turning lights on and off again.

Hopefully the buttons needed are accessible to you now.

image.jpeg
If you have an '03 (may work for an 04+ or earlier) you can put the system into "service check mode" by shorting Tc and E1 in DLC1 and then turn the ignition on. You get service/diagnostic access to the H/U, Nav and display and can view fault codes, check display alignment, switch functions etc. It's the same service screen that is pulled up by the "hold info button and turn parking lights on/off 3 times" procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom