Flat Nasty 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
missionsonwheels.org
Chairperson: :bounce:Who's Next?!?:bounce:

Registation: Chris & Shannon Rech?

Raffle Team*: Rob, Erik, Mike C.,
* Not limited to the team members but every club member should help with this. Find something cool on clearance, buy it and save the receipt or make a donation.
* 12 pair of 3M tinted (sunglass) safety glasses.

Tech Inspection Team: Rob, Don & Craig?

Artwork Team: Andrew

Post-event Write-up: Don Pennington (thank you sir!)

Food Team: Mike & Peggy Sears, Mike Costello, Ed Long?

Junior Wheelers (kids) Team: Mike & Debi Costello, ????

NOW IS THE TIME TO VOLUNTEER. THE MORE VOLUNTEERS THE LESS WORK FOR EVERYONE. Gonna sound like Kowboy..... PAR-TIC-I-PATE, that's all ya gotta do.

Last edited:
Will work on getting them out faster.

I am up for handling the online registration and artwork again.

I will help with tech, bring sumthin fer raffel, write article fer trails. What ever...

C Ya, Don P.

another idea might be to join forces with Tall corn. THey had a meeting last Sunday and I told them to discuss the possibility. The 2 smaller clubs might be more mighty working as a team and 2 events in the midwest that close is hard to do for many. Example might be to "rotate" locations, who's hosting, etc. There's tons of options.

Right now don't put me down for much if anything. I will do whatever/etc at the event and help gather stuff for the raffle. And help Rob MC the raffle etc. Just sign me up for at the event stuff please. I promise I will come back out to play. And I WON'T miss the event.. I will hopefully be stable by then or I'll REALLY need the campfire talking at that point..

PS.. Anyone need anything from SouthCarolina? or on the way? Making a trip to pick up stuff in Beaufort over thanksgiving. Should have a small Uhaul behind me on the way back.

I'm happy pushing from the cheap seats.

Well "push" the sticky button and put this mess up top:flipoff2:..... While you're "pushing", "push" a pen and send me $60 for the raffle stuff I picked up today :flipoff2::flipoff2:

:beer:

Happy to do tech or whatever. I might consider co-chair??? I like the idea of working with tall corn. Craig

Has there been a date discussed for the FN event or will this be decided at the annual meeting? Just wondering when, I already have one major trip planned for next year, but would like to be able to make FN if the cruiser is finished.

Just wondering

Pam

Has there been a date discussed for the FN event or will this be decided at the annual meeting? Just wondering when, I already have one major trip planned for next year, but would like to be able to make FN if the cruiser is finished.

Just wondering

Pam

Pam I"m looking at dates from the last weekend in Sept all the way through the 2nd weekend in Oct. There isn't a perfect weekend for this as no doubt someone will have a conflict. We need to get with the tall corn crew to see if a co-hosted event is possible. (Art? Casey? you guys want to get together and discuss this?) This will be one of the main topics for the club meeting.

Pam I"m looking at dates from the last weekend in Sept all the way through the 2nd weekend in Oct.

My Colorado trip is Mid-July, so it will work.

Pam

ok here we go i reviewed the 07 recap thread and here are the questions

Bath rooms ? the new pit toilets should be done
cooking crew and cleaning crew designated ? cooking peggy,mike, & ed cleaning volunteers?
emergency phone sat? i'm checking in to rental looks to be 82.90$ for one week plus any min used
cabin for showers or rent/buy portable unit? Open to all? do we need a poll ?
Red Cross First Aid course? see https://forum.ih8mud.com/ks-mo-tornado-alley-cruisers/204246-first-aid-training.html#post3022532
some way to have a get acquainted activity? any ideas?
add a second driver's prize and do a timed obsticle course with the quickest time taking the prize? any ideas?

Last edited:
ok here we go i reviewed the 07 recap thread and here are the questions

Bath rooms ? the new pit toilets should be done
cooking crew and cleaning crew designated ? cooking peggy,mike, & ed cleaning volunteers?
emergency phone sat? i'm checking in to rental looks to be 82.90$ for one week plus any min used
cabin for showers or rent/buy portable unit? Open to all? do we need a poll ?
Red Cross First Aid course? see https://forum.ih8mud.com/ks-mo-tornado-alley-cruisers/204246-first-aid-training.html#post3022532
some way to have a get acquainted activity? any ideas?
add a second driver's prize and do a timed obstacle course with the quickest time taking the prize? any ideas?

• I'm certified in first aid & CPR. I'm sure others are as well.
  • The showers at the canoe rental shop about 1 mile from camp are available for use. Might be a small fee, but definitely less than the cabin. I think the consensus was that the cabin was an unnecessary expense.
  • I'd suggest name badges similar to Cruise Moab. They could include name and IH8MUD screen name. Would need neck straps to go along with them, but they shouldn't be too difficult to print up and assemble.
  • If this pit toilets are not done, we need to make sure there are twice the number of toilets available.
My $0.02.

add a second driver's prize and do a timed obsticle course with the quickest time taking the prize? any ideas?

Ron had a great idea for an obsticle course on the trail behind camp. You can make a loop around it and come back to camp.

Rob, PM me you email address and I'll send you everything I have from the last two years too.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom