2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That interior use to be identical to the Tundra, since it is really based on the Tundra, I am just still shocked it dint get updated with the Tundra interior. I cant imagine it being cost effective to make one dash and interior for the Tundra and different one for the Sequoia with most everying mechanical being shared between them . You could be right, they want it to die a slow death .

That interior use to be identical to the Tundra, since it is really based on the Tundra, I am just still shocked it dint get updated with the Tundra interior. I cant imagine it being cost effective to make one dash and interior for the Tundra and different one for the Sequoia with most everying mechanical being shared between them . You could be right, they want it to die a slow death .

Think about it. Older parts = less cost. Instead of updating the plant for a whole new model year, they keep everything almost identical.

I have no idea what Toyota will be doing with the Sequoia. Maybe they will update it sometime?

Wait I just realized something. If the Toyota Land Cruiser (200 series) is produced in japan, is there any difference between the ones that are shipped off to the USA and, the ones that go to other markets (besides the Americanized versions?)

If there isn't any difference (besides being blinged out) we may be able to prove that, a Foreign spec is equivalent to the US spec (without the price tag) and, can be legally imported?

I could be wrong, but isn't part of the price we pay in the US and they way Toyota markets the LC here, somehow related back to that 25% chicken tax deal.
Where if it were built here in the US it avoids it, but since built in Japan it gets hit with it, and I thought that was part of the reason Toyota went to market with them totally decked out, to try and offer something in the form of content value for the big price tag they have to charge in the US to cover the added import tax. That could be wrong, I just seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Think about it. Older parts = less cost. Instead of updating the plant for a whole new model year, they keep everything almost identical.

I have no idea what Toyota will be doing with the Sequoia. Maybe they will update it sometime?

I have, unless they just have a bunch of old Tundra interior and exterior component to still to use up or something which I sort of doubt, I would think the economics of scale in the production world would have made it more cost effective to have kept the Tundra and Sequoia using the same parts as it did from 07-13.

Now they are having to build or buy 100,000 or whatever the number might be of the Tundra components , and maybe 30,000 of the old Tundra/ current Sequoia components.
I would think it would have be cheaper and easier to just build 130,000 of the same parts for both vehicles as they did from 07-13. Normally the more of a component you can build the lower the price point becomes.

I believe the chicken tax only affects pickup trucks... Which is why back in the day the Subaru Bratt had seats in the back and IIRQ the Toyota pickup bed was made in Cali back in the 80's and then put on here as a form of getting around the tax for a bit also... Just my memory, which ain't what it use to be:)

I think your probably right, I cant remember where I read or heard that.
That import tax law had morphed into different things over the year, at one time it had something to do with a truck bed, then later included something to do with vans and suvs and seat count rules. Not sure really if the LC gets past it or not.

My hunch 2017 tundra and sequoia will have an all new engine getting better mpg to meet cafe standards... At this time sequoia will be 100% redesigned new frame tranny and everything.... And I bet the tundra will be 100% redesigned as well. I think 2014 was just a refreshed tundra to continue sales. Land cruiser 300 will be releases with similar engine and transmissions in 2018. I have no idea what toyota has up its sleeve, but I can't be a hybrid in a tundra that needs constant power to tow. My guess will be a toyota diesel. Oh yeah!!!! Only for sequoia, land cruiser and tundra... 4d4 us spec

The upsized Sequoia fits an odd niche, it competes with Ford Expedition & Chev Suburban. If any Toyota vehicle is on the table to be axed, it's likely the Sequoia.

0q5D6s-2QA29D9.jpg

The LC is looking better all the time, as for the LX I'll have to see it in person. So far I'm not feeling it.

I do the same thing, but more like every 3 or 4 years, same thing though. Also only takes about a week to be kicking myself, and saying WTF was i thinking.
That's why i got rid of my LX earlier this year.

GX-R thanks again for all your posts you are my only source for the new info

As for sequoia guys Forget it!!!! I have no idea what is going on with the guy in charge of that!!! The special edition 1814 or something like that is excellent ! If they put that interior into the 2013 to 2015 land cruiser and still gave it all the safety stuff it would sell great! But try and find one of those thru a Toyota dealer you wil have a hard time. I have no idea where the tundra and sequoia are going but selling somewhere! I think it all boils down to money and volume they are trying to sell the cheapest and the most of those 2 (tundra and sequoia) not really concerned with best item. You will be lucky to even find a tundra PRO edition on a lot somewhere

Ahhhh what's the fire extinguisher for?
I think around 2013 they released a new rule across most the gcc that vehicles must have fire extinguishers on board, either bolted in or in a "safety kit" the kit I have in mine is a bag with an extinguisher, warning triangle and ture pressure gauge.

This thread has died. I thought we would be able to order a 2016 in North America by now. Anyone know when it will be on the Toyota US website etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom