4x4 Labs Swing Out Builds/Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LFD2037

TEXAS LEXUS!
Threads
I got my 4x4 Labs bumper built and now looking I'm looking at building some swingouts. Im pretty sure I'll use their spindles (unless theirs another brand that's of good quality and way cheaper?) and their cooler/can holder. I need some ideas on what y'all have done that you're happy with. I'll need 2 swingouts w/ a tire, cooler/can and ladder swing. Thanks!

Nobody?

Why not order 4x4 labs ladder #2 and swing out jerry can holder?

I'm running their tire carrier on one swingout and their cooler basket on the other. Top notch product for sure.

Why not order 4x4 labs ladder #2 and swing out jerry can holder?
Because it appears that is $900!!!!!!! That's a lot of money for a couple spindles, some brackets & small amount of tubing.

We were just talking about this yesterday at the rock park. If 4x4 labs was doing another group buy, what we would get. I got to play around with @FZJ80 in KC dual swingouts and I was super impressed with the quality. The gas strut makes it so nice to open, way simpler that what I've played around with before. Also, after yesterday, I'm convinced I need a trail spare ! I definitely want it on the outside so I'm not taking up all of my valuable real estate inside.

Because it appears that is $900!!!!!!! That's a lot of money for a couple spindles, some brackets & small amount of tubing.
You're right. We should totally outsource this stuff to China so you can get it at Harbor Freight or Wal-Mart.

We were just talking about this yesterday at the rock park. If 4x4 labs was doing another group buy, what we would get. I got to play around with @FZJ80 in KC dual swingouts and I was super impressed with the quality. The gas strut makes it so nice to open, way simpler that what I've played around with before. Also, after yesterday, I'm convinced I need a trail spare ! I definitely want it on the outside so I'm not taking up all of my valuable real estate inside.

Exactly what he said! The bumper made a great spot for a hi-lift to lift from. Do we know if there's another group buy being organized?

I don't have any metal forming or welding skills so it was my only option. Most other 80 bumpers are similarly priced for similar options. And hey... you asked :flipoff2:

You're right. We should totally outsource this stuff to China so you can get it at Harbor Freight or Wal-Mart.
Go back to sleep.

I don't have any metal forming or welding skills so it was my only option. Most other 80 bumpers are similarly priced for similar options. And hey... you asked :flipoff2:
Yes, I can weld/cut myself so I was looking for some DIY set-ups. The $900 is 'kits' so that means all the welding still has to be done, correct? I'm not sure exactly what their 'kits' consist of. The bumper kit I got had to be welded.

:lol:

It is great looking bumper, but can understand your need for something else. Heck, if I had the money I would buy it and sell my labs bumper without the swing outs.

I love these Labs bumpers. They have such nice lines with great clearance. But the longer I own the rig, the more I realize I don't need a bumper in the back. Most of what I've been doing lately is 1-2 day local crawling trips. And because I also want to chop part of the roof, I'm gonna chop the rear quarters and possibly lose the tailgate. A rear swingout bumper just isn't what I need anymore. It's a shame too. I tried and tried to visualize how to keep the bumper while still doing a high clearance rear quarter chop but it just wouldn't work.

I love these Labs bumpers. They have such nice lines with great clearance. But the longer I own the rig, the more I realize I don't need a bumper in the back. Most of what I've been doing lately is 1-2 day local crawling trips. And because I also want to chop part of the roof, I'm gonna chop the rear quarters and possibly lose the tailgate. A rear swingout bumper just isn't what I need anymore. It's a shame too. I tried and tried to visualize how to keep the bumper while still doing a high clearance rear quarter chop but it just wouldn't work.
Did you use 2x3 or 2x4" rectangular tubing for your swingout? Thickness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom