FJ40 | BJ40

Classifieds: Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

This vehicle was purchased a little over 4 years ago; it was an original owner vehicle out of Arizona and was shipped to the East Coast where it has been in covered storage since. Vehicle has not been driven in snow/slush and only once in the rain in my 4 years of ownership. With twin 7 year olds and another classic car, this 40 just doesn't get driven enough and I would rather someone else be able to enjoy the vehicle. I'm hopeful in the coming years as my children get older I'll be able to get back into an FJ. This is a great truck that has been reliable and I ensured any mechanical and safety related items were fixed as the wife and kids would go out with me, so I wanted to ensure this was a safe and family friendly weekend...
1974 Toyota FJ40 The good: Purpose built for off road, Everything built Heavyduty to last, comes with Bikini top, hard top, windshield and doors: Chevy 350, 1989 truck motor auto trans with quick shifter Aluminum radiator with electric fan Full custom roll cage Sprung over / cut & turned axles Longfield axles Lockers HD driveshafts 6 stud HD steering arms Wheelbase 102" with chevy van leafsprings Bilstein shocks Power steering with hydraulic assist Custom HD Bumbers, skid plate and rock sliders 37" Pitbulls on beadlocks Fold & tumble rear seat with storage box Offroad seats with 4 pt harnesses 8,000lb Warn winch The Bad: Smokes a little (needs valve seals), lunchbox style lockers (work perfectly), the body is a bit rough (see...
1979 Toyota Fj40 for sale Recently purchased the truck in June of ‘22 and really don’t want to sell it but I have to pay for flight school somehow. Been stored inside throughout my ownership. Barely touched it other than some brand new tires, just took it for the occasional drive on the weekends. Previous owner was an older gentleman that bought it off a used car lot in Denver 1981. He documented everything done to it very well. Full notebook of documents is pictured. Original truck other than being repainted at some point, the passenger door was replaced, and some OME suspension. It’s got some rust in the usual spots but overall really solid, frame is good and the tub is good. Have a bunch of spare parts to go with it. All emissions...
Hello! I recently bought a 1971 FJ40, and was stoked...but my wife is still bummed that I sold my new Bronco (and lost a lot of money) to buy it. She thinks is it too tall, too loud, too small for us and our dogs, and not a fraction as comfortable as the Bronco (or her 4Runner). In addition, to get it in my garage I have to air down AND use cargo straps to compress the springs to clear the 84" door frame (the FJ is 86" tall). Finally, she pointed out that we wheel so infrequently that we don't "need" the "extra" toy...and with my impulsivity taken into consideration, I must say that I (reluctantly) agree with many of her points. I spent 45k, and I am hoping to get that back OBO (I have owned it only a very short time and put another...
1979 Toyota Fj40 for sale Recently purchased the truck in June of ‘22 and really don’t want to sell it but I have to pay for flight school somehow. Been stored inside throughout my ownership. Barely touched it other than some brand new tires, just took it for the occasional drive on the weekends. Previous owner was an older gentleman that bought it off a used car lot in Denver 1981. He documented everything done to it very well. Full notebook of documents is pictured. Original truck other than being repainted at some point, the passenger door was replaced, and some OME suspension. It’s got some rust in the usual spots but overall really solid, frame is good and the tub is good. Have a bunch of spare parts to go with it. All emissions...
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-172/ Re-posting my dad's FJ40 Purchased in 2012 from Jonathan Ward @ TLC in CA. If he had the garage space, he would be keeping it. Was garaged in Telluride Colorado most of our ownership and recently moved to Santa Barbara where it is ready for a test drive this week. Original video when the vehicle was purchased: This FJ is the nicest all original truck I have seen around town, or ever. We decided to post on bring a trailer to get the most exposure, but wanted to post this listing as well on the forum. 26k original miles, original paint, survivor. We replaced the tires a couple years back with all terrains. Passed CA smog no problems. Amazing 70s graphics and...
Considering selling my fj40 om606 swap project, I started piecing this together while everything was shut for Covid and got all the main pieces together and then things got back to normal and I haven’t had time to finish it. It is a mix of a 70 and 68 fj40 body parts with a later 4 speed transmission and transfer case. I have an abundance of parts for the 40 itself. The engine is a 99 om606 that has a 603 mechanical pump as well as a 648 oil pump and oil pan to convert it to a rear sump. I do have a video of it running with the mechanical pump. It is mated up to the transmission using a speed gems adapter plate. I have at least 8k in the drivetrain alone and then around 6k in the rest of the parts. I figured I would throw it up and see...
Not mine. Looks like it could be a good deal depending on rust 1964 Toyota Land Cruiser project. Needs everything complete restoration but runs well on auxiliary fuel tank( I have the original fuel tank and passenger bench seat frame not shown in pics) and is in original complete condition. I have an extra front differential, factory tool kit, original wheels and hubcaps, later model FJ 40 roll bar, and Factory Toyota repair manual. Runs but does not drive will need to be towed or may be able to deliver for a fee. Clear CO title. Emissions test not required for 1964. Trades or partial trades considered for cars, trucks, ATV , snowmobiles,jet skis, or tractor but cash preferred
Heres some shots from the cleanup and build:heres the thread in my link Saving 74 Jeep from the Jeepers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/saving-74-jeep-from-the-jeepers.981668/ Just uncovered it and hosed it down: been sitting a year and a half- the top was a diy canvas that rotted-so it sits and comes like this: details: 74 F.1.5 engine. Carb was rebuilt/serviced by Mark but has sat a year and a half. Ran well til dizzy went/was going to swap to electronic which is included for the new owner. - New Toyo 255/85s on refinished split rims - Seats i picked up from a mudder/ no rips - New Fuel tank back during resto project - Rebuilt the wiper motor...
NO LONGER FOR SALE. I just can't bring myself to sell it. 1970 FJ40 FST. Titled as a ‘78. I bought the truck from the original owner in July 2021. I’ve worked the past 2 years on refreshing it back to life. This was not a restoration, but it was a refreshtoration. All the work was done by me. I’ve been a Cruiser guy for the past 20+years or so and have had several FJ40s. This 40 has a mixture of OEM parts from 1970 and a some from a ‘78. The body was pulled off the frame and the frame was wired wheeled, rust inhibitor applied and painted. The rear crossmember and angle braces were replaced with a later model from BTB. All drivetrain parts are from a ‘78. 2F motor. I rebuilt the carb and added a new water pump, aluminum radiator...
Hey all, I have a really nice FJ40 for sale. Very little rust. No rust in the floors. Minor in rear sill and at spare tire mount. All original paint. Great patina! A really honest rig with nothing hidden. Low mileage original engine. Recently ordered a carb kit from Mikes and now it runs great. New tie rod ends and alignment. New Falken Wildpeak mud terrains mounted on factory steel wheels with hubcaps. All new rubber bushings in springs. Wanted to keep it as stock as possible. New brake and clutch master and slave. New wheel cylinders. All factory gauges work. 4wd light even comes on with 4wd engaged. Shifts in and out of 4x4 hi and low with ease. Hubs lock easily. Interior dome light even works! Front and rear diffs fresh...
Bought it, drove it, loved it, and then I put it in storage. I purchased it b/c I thought it was a solid value based on my last experience of building out a 1970 FJ40. Sooooo, it was a bit of an impulse buy, as I tend to do. I'll leave it up for sale until the snow comes - maybe 2 weeks? If it sells I will bring it home from heated storage and get the top on it. Otherwise, once the snow falls I will pull the for-sale ad and wait until Spring (or maybe just keep it) I purchased original front seat frames and console. They will need foam and vinyl I have a bikini top for it An extra O2 sensor for the sniper A new seal kit for the top as well New seatbelts in the rear Otherwise, it is everything from Nolan's build...
1969 FJ40 FJ 40 Project. Frame, axles, skid plates, backing plates, skid plates, steering components etc... have been powder coated. New Brake lines. All new suspension. New headliner. Full rain gutter re-new kit (dont think that has been available in years) Power steering kit, Many new steering and brake parts. Factory Toyota window gaskets and weather strips. NEW denso starter. new alternator. New Toyota hub caps. Body is in good shape rust in not bad at all. All of the effected areas include new sheet metal. I have some more videos of the FJ and another of the parts that I was not able to load. I will try to add them in the comments (probably wont work) but I'm willing to message them to serious buyers. The first picture (with the...
This clean Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 for sale received a mechanical and cosmetic refurbishment in 2017. Originally a California vehicle, it is refinished in an off-white over grey, with corrosion corrected, the engine refurbished, and other mechanical items dealt with. We will never forget the first time we rode in an FJ40. It was in California in the mid-90s and we’d take it over the hill to go mountain biking by the beach. Nothing screamed youth, California, and fun more than those trips. Perhaps you can recreate a bit of that fun yourself with this FJ40. More pics at the link above. Vehicle: Year: 1970 Make: Toyota Model: Land Cruiser FJ40 Drive: 4×4 Miles: 49,700 (TMU) Fuel Type: Gasoline Transmission: 4-speed Manual Engine: 3.9L...
This 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 is for sale in Austin, TX. It shows exceptionally well with the blue paint and white roof. This example of the classic off-road truck was imported from Columbia and restored by a previous owner. Who would have guessed that collectors would start buying these up? Immerse yourself in the nostalgia of the vintage charm as you drive this truck off-road or on. We invite you to check out the details in the link and look at all the photos in the gallery, be sure to expand them to full size. We’re confident you will be impressed. Please let us know if you have any questions. Please let us know if you have any questions. Vehicle: Year: 1979 Make: Toyota Model: Land Cruiser FJ40 Drive: 4×4 Miles: 49k KM (~31k...
Throwing this out here before I start beating the face book bushes. I’m looking for a v8 fj40 with preferably 35 inch tires with power steering and power disc brakes. Not wanting a restored rig but not junk either. Just a decent driver that could need some work. So let me know what y’all got! Haven’t been on here for awhile just got busy! Will travel for the right one. Thanks in advance. Cody
Iconic cruiser ready for adoption. Own a piece of history. You may have seen Rocky the 40 flying around the web or Cruise Moab. This is @cruiseroutfit 's first cruiser he built as a teenager with his Dad in 1995. She spent some time around Utah and a farm in Idaho. I acquired her from Jim of PortalTek Axles in SLC in 2010. I've put a lot of work into getting her running like a sewing machine and had some important drivable upgrades completed like Power Steering, Disc Brakes, updated wiring, Troll Hole Carb (rebuilt 2023), new fuel tank, etc. Rocky was my daily driver for years and she's been garaged the nearly 14 years we've owned her. She always passed emissions in Utah with flying colors. In Colorado 1968 is vintage and doesn't need...
Year: 1981 Make: Toyota Model: FJ43 Land Cruiser Engine: 4.2L Inline Six Cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Color: Olive RESTORATION This truck has been painted Olive and is accompanied by a new soft top, complementing the rest of the vehicle nicely. The front bumper is new and the rear bumper has been freshly painted. In addition, the exterior chrome pieces have been refinished. There are no notable flaws in terms of the paint as this was restored within the last six months. The rubber is fresh and supple, all sealing properly. The metal fitment on this truck is spot on, as the seams and gaps are all consistent and even throughout. The doors and hood all open and close without hassle and close solidly. The interior itself is...

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom