For Sale 82 FJ60 H55F "Expedition Built" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

82 FJ60 H55F "Expedition Built" SOLD!!

SOLD

Overview
82 FJ60 original engine 191,xxx miles, H55F 5 speed, 4.11 gears, OME lift kit, GOBI Safari Rack (Ranger), Axe/shovel and Hi-Lift locking rack mounts, 4 Delta rack driving lights, ARB locked in the rear, onboard ARB air for tires, Goodyear duratracks 285/75/16, National Luna dual battery controller, dual Optima yellowtop batteries, MeanGreen 200Amp alternator, Smittybuilt 12k winch, custom bumpers front and rear (bolted), custom sliders (welded), Alpine CD-MP3 controller stereo, Alpine PDX5M Marine grade 5ch 600 watt amplifier, Alpine 6” in doors and 6x9 in rear cargo area, 10” Memphis Audio Subwoofer, professional grade 2GA aux circuit for AMP, Radios, Fridge, lights and other accessories.

Engine:
Original engine 191,xxx miles, runs strong, original carb rebuilt by Jim C. two years ago (secondary’s are nice). All smog equipment intact and operational. Radiator replaced last year. New OEM starter installed last year.

Drivetrain:
New H55F 5 speed installed last year. New Clutch (Marlin), Transfer case fully rebuilt. Front diff rebuilt with all new bearings. Drivelines adjusted and rebalanced. Rear axle fully rebuilt end to end with ARB locker 4 years ago. Front knuckles fully rebuilt 5 years ago with all new bearings, races, and seals. Tires and Rims installed by Discount Tire in 2010 have three certificates for replacement left, all tires show little wear less than 10k on them.

Body/Interior:
2008 – Body completely prepped with all glass removed (was planning on changing color), all rust cut out and replaced with metal, and repainted to factory white color. Minor rock rash on driver side Interior is in great shape. Two small cracks in dash board. Interior 9/10 except for cargo carpet. Quarter sized spidercrack in windshield, sealed for 4 years now no issues and not in line of sight for driver.

Armor:
Custom bumpers front and back (bolted on) sliders are welded for max strength. Smitybuilt 12K winch custom mounted to frame under front bumper.

Expedition gear:
Dual battery setup (National Luna controller and display), Dual Yellowtop Optimas (2008 and 2012), Meangreen 200A alternator, Midland 520xl pro CB radio and through the roof custom antenna mount.

I purchased this cruiser in 2007 as the third owner and have extensive receipts dating back to when the second owner purchased this truck in 1988, including a log of every gastank fill up with MPGs etc. I didn’t keep that part up, but did keep up the receipts. The H55F, transfer splitcase rebuild, new clutch, front third rebuild, new radiator, valve adjustment were all done September of last year 2012 by Robbie Antonson (Adventure Offroad), Robbie is the tech editor for Toyota trails and best in the business land cruiser whisperer, it doesn’t get better than that. He went through the entire truck.

This truck has been great to me and I would drive it from coast to coast without hesitation. It saddens me to sell but priorities have changed in life. I will build another in the future.

PA093450.jpg

Last edited:
More pics? Interior?

Very nice! Let me know when i can low ball you to hell! Jk

nice truck! a little out of my range, but certainly well built!

Very NICE!
Is your roof rack on backwards? Or you oriented it that way to support the top of the lights?

Very NICE!
Is your roof rack on backwards? Or you oriented it that way to support the top of the lights?

Thanks for all the compliments!

No it is on right. Look on the Gobi Rack website for the FJ60, that is my truck. Paul at Gobi tried to match the body line by tapering it down.

Custom Bumpers

Hello,

Never seen better bumpers. You said they were custom made. Is it possible to get info on whoever made them and having another set made?

Going through a rebuild now and would love em on my 60.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Benson
paul.ja.benson@gmail.com
716 753-6438

Hello,

Never seen better bumpers. You said they were custom made. Is it possible to get info on whoever made them and having another set made?

Going through a rebuild now and would love em on my 60.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Benson
paul.ja.benson@gmail.com
716 753-6438
Thanks Paul,

A local guy built them here in Colorado Springs. I will try and get ahold of him and see if he is still around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom