[CO] 75 pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
Was sold, but i made the mistake of financing and, then misplacing the title for three months when the guy finally had the money. now, he bought a house and decided he doesn't want it any more, so it's for sale again.

actually a 76 body, legally titled as a 75 (pre emissions!). engine was rebuilt by the p.o. here's the link to his thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-...s-2f-before-assembly-new-installed-shots.html

i've added a rear aussie locker, winch, dash cover, changed out the four barrel carb and manifold for a 2 barrel, new 34x10.5 swampers, put it back on stock disc brake steelies, rebuilt radiator, resealed a bunch of stuff. cut out rust on the right fender top and welded in new steel, along with welded in new steel on the rain gutter (see pics), newer alternator, clutch slave, rebuilt master, rebuilt brake master, voltage regulator, battery, fj60 starter. that's what i can think of offhand. i do have a book with info on what i've spent on it. comes with replacement rear corner, IPOR rockers, plus a couple of front fender pieces to replace lower rust.

$3500, located in denver area
DSC04128.JPG
DSC04168.JPG
DSC04277.JPG

Last edited:
Does the rear window work?

when you fix it again, it will ;)

Sweet rig. I'm liking the tire selection. What type of lift? How much body lift? Also, looks like a rattle can paint job - Just noticing cause I'm doing the same on my tailgate and notice some of the same patterns. Very nice truck...

any shots of interior?
hows frame rust?rot?etc.
headliner shot?
seats stock? serious rips or 420burn holes?
entertaining offers or firm on price?
a/c cold?:D

cheers

frame is good. body is rotten. front fenders are typical, but i parted a wrecked pig and found the rear quarter where it bends to the white painted section is about the same bend as the lower front fender, so i salvaged a couple of repair sections to be welded in. rockers...shot, hence the ipor rockers. this rocker shot exemplifies the rust
DSC04186.JPG
DSC04188.jpg
DSC04197.JPG

more rust shots. have a chunk of rectangular tube to replace the rear sill, a section of corner for the kink in the drivers rear corner, was planning on cutting the rear quarters short and capping them
DSC04183.JPG
DSC04182.JPG
DSC04184.JPG

interior is great except for some tears in headliner in the rear
DSC04178.JPG
DSC04179.JPG
DSC04190.JPG

engine shots and tire shot, this is the tread on four of the five tires, spare is lots of tread but old. lift is @ 4" with a shackle reversal.
DSC04175.JPG
DSC04176.JPG
DSC04177.JPG

fired it up after sitting since pighead parked it four months ago... this is what's great about this rig...a little summer air to prime it and it will fire right up and purr. some engine shots, i replaced the rear main last year and the tcase output seal with oem toyota parts, so it's dry oil wise, but the birds have been using the underside as a perch while waiting to swipe my dogs food, so excuse the poop;)
DSC04194.JPG
DSC04195.JPG
DSC04196.JPG

What gears has she got? Any issues with those tires on stock steelies? I know you welded in a gutter patch, any other roof issues? Glass good? Does this rig need to be trailered to trails or is it road/ hwy worthy?

Looks like a fun rig.......thanks

stock gears, no issues with the tires unless you're trying to fly over the mountain passes, but even with little tires, you're not gonna fly on mountain passes. it hasn't seen a trailer since i've owned it. i drive it whereever i go, including the trip to moab pictured above. i did that towing a popup trailer, which i wouldn't do again...mountains suck with no trailer, worse with a trailer.

oh, and the bias ply tires are painful until they get warmed up.

bringing this back up. we're getting too many rigs in the driveway again and i have another pig that i want more than this one, pighead has his pig, so this one is the one to go. good daily driver. we've gotten an aisan back on the engine now. includes a new windshield, gasket and headliner that i haven't put in yet. everything else is still the same, sees partial daily driver duty, but not a lot, so tires are still about the same tread, etc

Bump. Body is rotten: Hmm, well how about the floors and body mounts?

floors are ok. rear body mounts under tailgate are gone, that's what the rectangular stock that goes with it is for, but front mounts are ok, and rear cargo mounts are good.

current pic with aisan and early model oem air cleaner. weber is gone.

DSC07892.JPG

It's a good-running Pig...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom