Camping invite for Clear Creek - June 30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Camping at Clear Creek this weekend.
Weekend weather forecast:
Phoenix weather 112° - 87°
Clear Creek weather 87° - 50°:cool:
No chance of rain:clap:

Depending on interest we will be camping at Kinder Crossing or Horse Crossing a 1/4mile apart. Both spots require a short hike down to the water. Great area for kids with a lot of interesting things close to camp. One intermediate 4wd trail available from the Lookout Tower down the back side.

Previous trip #1

Previous trip #2

Overnight on Saturday?

fire restrictions in full effect?

Not a problem I have an approved Camp Chef propane fire ring
thumb.gif

0003324620785_500X500.jpg

One intermediate 4wd trail available from the Lookout Tower down the back side.

Is that 751B? If it is it still looks to be open. Mouqi lookout isn't marked on the new travel map for Coconino National forest. Looks like some of the roads that crisscrossed the area you plan on camping are now closed. I know this isn't a quad group but some of the roads like 95 are now highway legal vehicles only. This new travel plan has been in effect since May. Not sure how forgiving a forest ranger will be. I do know nothing is planned on blocking off now cloesed roads but rather the user is responsible to get the new map and use it. Map is free. A few weeks ago the gas station at Clint's Well had free travel maps. The ranger station by forest service road 95 closes at 4:00 PM Friday and closed all weekend.

Yes there are in full effect. The key is anything used has to have a shut off valve which makes the fire ring Phil has legal.

Is that 751B? If it is it still looks to be open. Mouqi lookout isn't marked on the new travel map for Coconino National forest. Looks like some of the roads that crisscrossed the area you plan on camping are now closed. I know this isn't a quad group but some of the roads like 95 are now highway legal vehicles only. This new travel plan has been in effect since May. Not sure how forgiving a forest ranger will be. I do know nothing is planned on blocking off now cloesed roads but rather the user is responsible to get the new map and use it. Map is free. A few weeks ago the gas station at Clint's Well had free travel maps. The ranger station by forest service road 95 closes at 4:00 PM Friday and closed all weekend.

Sounds like you are familiar with the area.:cool: Is Diane (IIRC) still man Moqui lookout? I was just at Aztec Lookout and the forest department is now manning it because of funding. I ask but he did not know what lookouts were in the cut back.

FR513 is the road we will be camping on if there are more then a couple families. If less I will camp on 95T, the FR that access Kinder Crossing trail head. FR513 is open and services a couple ranches back on the road and provides easier access to Horse Crossing trail head when wet.

Sounds like you are familiar with the area.:cool: Is Diane (IIRC) still man Moqui lookout? I was just at Aztec Lookout and the forest department is now manning it because of funding. I ask but he did not know what lookouts were in the cut back.

FR513 is the road we will be camping on if there are more then a couple families. If less I will camp on 95T, the FR that access Kinder Crossing trail head. FR513 is open and services a couple ranches back on the road and provides easier access to Horse Crossing trail head when wet.

Haven't been up to the lookout this year so I'm not sure Diane is still there. My nieghbor up north has been in the area for about twenty years and it where I get most my info. I did notice the ranger station is shown as Mogollon Rim district office instead of Blue Ridge. Blue Ridge reservoir is marked C C Crigin reservoir. But I believe the signs on highway 87 still reads Blue Ridge.

Unless your leaving 95 about a mile after you leave 87 it's looks like your talking about 513B. That is the road closest to 95T. From 513 (a mile off of 87) until you get to 513B all the roads on the left side are now closed. In the area 513 and 513A B C H K are open. Eveything else is closed. Not sure what ranches are back off 513. It passes the City of Phoenix's camp. Then Moqui Ranch but that isn't operational last time I was in area and is easier to get to by forest service roads from the north. The other private land is accessed thru Starlight Ranchettes and Clear Creek unit 8 & 9. Those are home or house sites on five to ten acres of land. There is one piece a hundred arces with a huge cabin in the middle. But no other ranches in the area that I know of. Some ranchers with grazing rights like to think they have control of a area but haven't run in to any around this area.

Yes there are in full effect. The key is anything used has to have a shut off valve which makes the fire ring Phil has legal.
My nephew spends lots of time in the Coconino, and he said lots of folks are really upset about the massive road/trial closures up there. It sounds like they lost a lot more trails than we expect to on the final plan for Tonto. John

My nephew spends lots of time in the Coconino, and he said lots of folks are really upset about the massive road/trial closures up there. It sounds like they lost a lot more trails than we expect to on the final plan for Tonto. John

I lived in Flagstaff in the seventies and even after I moved to Phoenix that was the area I always headed when I went up north. That changed once I got a home in the Blue Ridge area. I haven't studied the map that well yet but the forest around Flagstaff is a lot of the roads just honeycombing the area. Most were created as logging roads. So closing some doesn't prevent you from getting somewhere, just need to use a different road. Most these were not challenging. The biggest use was probably in the fall with the road hunters. The closure of the weatherford road back in the eighties was to me the biggest loss.

My neighbor up north who was more involved with the area said the plan was not to close any road that historcally been there. He said north of us is a old road that was used back to pioneer times that is now closed.:meh:

There is suppose to be a down load for a garmin GPS and a app for smart phones. Wasn't sure if it was a free app but at the gas station I was told if I went out of the metal building I could down load it with the bar code they had. There is a weak Verizon cell phone tower just north of there. More interested to see my old Garmin will take the down load.

With the lack of man power and there is no plan to block off closed roads not sure how this is really going to change anything in the area. Not sure if having a street registered vehicle for major forest roads is new or not. That is the one I expect to see the biggest inforcement. I know the area has a number of quads accidents each year from quads traveling to fast on the all weateher roads.

Was thinking on coming after Otter mentioned it to me yesterday but realized I have month end Saturday afternoon :frown:

The man is holding me down :D

Was thinking on coming after Otter mentioned it to me yesterday but realized I have month end Saturday afternoon :frown:

To bad there is a good chance I will be in the area and planned on taking the 70 FJ40 for a little drive.

lol He would know. I wasn't sure that was even the right map! It didn't really show closures. I'm a rookie!

Oh, and he loves the Corvette but he's already made an offer on a new GT-R. But I don't think they will take it. He's losing his mind wanting both the cars. lol

Oh, and he loves the Corvette but he's already made an offer on a new GT-R. But I don't think they will take it. He's losing his mind wanting both the cars. lol

Sorry to hear you are still having penis problems

The man needs let us take time off, I sure hope overtime and food are the incentives being offered. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom