Charouleau Gap " SAY GOOD BY" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The first major obsticle and the road to it will be turned into a dirt road. The Forrest service is planning to Hammer Hoe "Demon" hill witch is featured on "Copper state cruzers" website. Please call Walt at the Forrest service and let him know we care about this trail and dont want to see it demonlished. His number is 388-8416 or you can email me with any questions or suggestions. richkline1@msn.com or 520-906-8971 We only have a few more days to stop them.

Cross your fingers. I am meeting someone from the Arizona Daily Star at the trailhead today. They want to get pictures of the destruction and cover the story. We also have the Center for Biological Diversity on our side trying to get it stopped as well. With any luck we may get it done before they get to Demon Hill.

I went up a couple of days ago to see the work. They are making a huge mess out of the whole road and breaking up far more rock than necessary.

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

Don't "SAY GOODBYE" Let's all get involved and get this crap stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... We also have the Center for Biological Diversity on our side ...

Dude, do your homework :rolleyes:.
The "Center for Biological Diversity" is never on 'our' side.

Dude, do your homework :rolleyes:.
The "Center for Biological Diversity" is never on 'our' side.

I know most of the time they are not. In this case, they recommended in their Coronado Natl Forest travel management plans that The Gap road remain open. After speaking with them, they are far more on our side than anyone realizes on THIS case. I know it is a slippery slope getting them involved but they were willing to help where the Blue Ribbon Coalition blew us off.

Cindy from the CBD was very surprised that we (the 4wheeling community) see eye to eye on some issues! Their biggest complaint about OHV use anywhere is illegal bypasses that are made by people who don't respect the land and dont Tread Lightly.

Guess where this is?
charleau.jpg

Now I feel bad for not running this for New Year's. :frown:
charleau.jpg

Here's a hint...
charleau before.jpg
charleau before.jpg

Bummer - I've only run that going down and it was spooky feeling getting ready to fall in the hole. Well at least I did it...

here come the station wagons :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom