Best places to camp in AR (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey guys im looking for some cool places to camp in AR for a weekend. So far I know of Buffalo River and Petit Jean.

I want somewhere that's not going to be next to everyone else (campground) and somewhere I can take the LC to and be secluded if that's possible.

Any suggestions? Trying to stay within 2 hours of LR

Thanks

-Cole

There is some cool out of the way places in the Ouachita National Forest around Lake Sylvia. Not too far and some cool scenery. Lots of little side roads to venture off and camp... We try to go out there and ride once or twice a year but have never camped. I see plenty of places to do so though...

Cool thanks for the suggestions, could you drop a pin in google maps to give me an idea of where they are?

Basically, the green national forest section here:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=34.858609,-92.866745&spn=0.23608,0.308647&t=m&z=12

There's no real specific place, you just need to explore and find one, as there are numerous unofficial sites all over out there. Please use an existing one, and don't camp at one with any signs that say not to camp there.

As for a list of other places, here's what we like:
Upper Buffalo areas (Steel Creek, Lost Valley, and others)
Richland Creek and Richland Creek Wilderness area
Petit Jean
Around Albert Pike area in ONF near Glenwood. The actual Albert Pike camp area is closed indefinitely due to fatal floods, but you can camp all around the Little Missouri River
Shores Lake and White Rock Mountain, but it's been many years since I've been there.

My family likes primative camping, but they also like bathrooms and running water, so we like some of the State Park sites like Petit Jean and Mt Nebo, and COE sites like Beaver Lake and Degray Lake and Lake Ouachita as well.

What about down in Hot Springs? Is the camping at Superlift any good and I know there are a couple of KOA sites around. I would just like to explore AR and am not sure where I should go first. I'd like to start close to Conway and then work my way farther out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom