info on new FZJ80 SUPERCHARGERS finally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coastal-aquariums.com
OK so I have been given permission to release some info on the new release of superchargers for the fzj80. I have been telling you guys to wait it out if you want one but could not give out much info. As I said before, a very close family member works in the supercharger industry and has told me about this but asked me not to let out too much info until now.

He told me yesterday that there are 100 superchargers being made right now. As soon as they are done they will ship out. He estimates this will be early in August. They will be available through TRD distributors (dealerships?). They have already fitted one to a truck and they are ready to go. I missed getting a free supercharger by a hair. Damn it!!!!

So all of you that have been complaining about not being able to get one, get your wallet ready. I don't know if there will be another run or not. Probably depends on the success of the first run. Let me know if you have specific questions and I MIGHT be able to get answers for you.

The price point has not been released but I anticipate it to be ~4,000 bucks.

figured that you would post up on this quickly Cdan. From what I have heard that is about right on the price. When are you expecting some to come in? How many did you guys order?

I have not placed any orders yet.

BS walks and money talks. We'll see how bad the squeaky wheels want to spend that much.

I hate it when I get things backwards.

In any event it takes a special client to spend 4 grand on a truck thats worth 4 grand just to make it go faster on $5.00 a gallon premium.

Last edited:
Dan, you've been hittin' the bottle early this afternoon. :D Or maybe your fingers are swollen from taking too many orders.

-Spike

I'm on hour 11 going straight through without a break and I'm at the back counter on a retarded KeY BrOad...........:flipoff2:

have they done anything to them to suit the 93-94's ?

In any event it takes a special client to spend 4 grand on a truck thats worth 4 grand just to make it go faster on $5.00 a gallon premium.

you are right. It's funny. I asked about that and about the business in general. My "uncle" told me that they really serve a small percentage of the population, but that most of the automobiles that the superchargers go onto are expensive toys and that the people that can afford them aren't really gonna be hurt by the current economy. Now the cruiser crowd might be a little different. Alot of these trucks are daily drivers that, like you mentioned, are worth about as much as the supercharger. It seems like most of the regulars here are not the upper class, but middle class folks who love their 80. I believe that a good chunk of the superchargers being made will go oversees, particularly teh middle east, where there are lots more 80's and tehy "need" the power a little more. gas not such a concern there either. It will be interesting to see how they move. I will check back in a month or so and see where they are shipping most of them. The $$$ for premium is the main reason that I am not dying to get one, even at a discount.

Not sure what the pain is for Premium. Seems like (at least here) it has remained 10c/gal over mid grade and 20c/gal over standard grade.

So, instead of say 4.50/gal it is 4.70/gal. That's a much smaller 'premium' than 2.20/gal versus 2.40/gal.

Anyhow, I already have a s/c back when they were around $2.9k each.

cheers,
george.

noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

total bs, i should've bought a 95-97,:censor::censor::censor::bang:

they're not retooling it at all? did they not realize the shortcomings with the design with the 93-94's...no added injector.

hmmmmmmmmmm, you've dashed my dreams:crybaby:

oh well, maybe in another 5 years :confused:
Not to my knowledge.

<"special" client.....getting in line.

crank_yankers_yay-737929.jpg

So are these 50 state legal also? Same design as the old ones? Any differences? I knew I was working my ass off for a reason

When someone finally gets one of these installed..... can they take it to an AWD dyno and get some numbers?

I want to go to an AWD dyno with my ball bearing GT35R turbo setup here in the next couple of months to see how it does as well. Would be a good comparison.... The exhaust is 3" off the turbo then necked down to 2.5" into the stock cat back with factory cats/exhaust. Hoping to have my fabricator create a 3" electric cutout before the necking down portion....

I'm running 10psi currently..... :grinpimp: This 6,000lb truck scoots!

Or you can buy one with already installed. Installation will add another 2-3 grands unless you are going to install it yourself.

When someone finally gets one of these installed..... can they take it to an AWD dyno and get some numbers?

I want to go to an AWD dyno with my ball bearing GT35R turbo setup here in the next couple of months to see how it does as well. Would be a good comparison.... The exhaust is 3" off the turbo then necked down to 2.5" into the stock cat back with factory cats/exhaust. Hoping to have my fabricator create a 3" electric cutout before the necking down portion....

I'm running 10psi currently..... :grinpimp: This 6,000lb truck scoots!

While designing my turbo project I came out with the same turbo and a hot side AR of .82. At 10 psi it calculates to @ 450hp. But that would assume proper fuel management.

What AR did you use on the hot side and how soon does it start to spool?

While designing my turbo project I came out with the same turbo and a hot side AR of .82. At 10 psi it calculates to @ 450hp. But that would assume proper fuel management.

What AR did you use on the hot side and how soon does it start to spool?

New thread please

So I've got a connection at the local Toyo dealer, so would it be that once these are available that I'd be able to scoop one up? And what's the deal will my connection have to be standing there ready to add it to his daily order at just the right moment?

Geez, it's like we're getting concert tickets here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom