An FJ62 for me. YAY! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
mvagusta.net
Hey all, I've finally found and purchased an Fj62. I had my eye on a diesel conversion and a 5.3l Vortec. I made my decision on this one. The 5.3l. The previous owner is a really nice and knowledgeable fellow. I have to go see him and get all of the paper work on the truck. I haven't come up with a name yet, but I really like this thing. I'll take some time and bond then I'm sure something will hit me. I sold my 100 series to get it and I couldn't be happier. Well... If it had cruise control then I'd be happier, but all is going well, so far. It was pretty well done and documented (Tim @ Landcruiser Specialties) before it's ultra happy home here. The car is rust free and really clean. So far, I've only had to have the AC worked on (leaky O-ring and dryer). One of my OME front shocks has a dent in it, so I want to replace both fronts. I am an explorer (service roads) and not looking to climb rocks, just watch.
I just got back from a 250 mile camping trip (First time in 16 years) and it performed flawlessly. I already have a wish list. Man, this is expensive. I will need the overtime. Lol I'm taking a road trip from Portland, Oregon to Monterey, Cali for the MotoGP then some more camping. I'd love to meet up with fellow Mudders along the way, if at all possible. I've been lurking here for 6 months and 26 days trying to learn as much as I could to make an informed decision. Thank you all, BTW. I'm excited to be a part of this community and I look forward to more info and maybe meeting some of you.
Enough babbling, here are a few pics. Forgive any spelling or grammatical errors. I am not and English major, I'm just really excited. :cheers:
IMG_5244.jpg
IMG_5325.jpg
IMG_5060.jpg

Welcome to the sicksty side...
Danny

Sweet ride! Love those wheels! Talk about a turn key dream. Thats a cruiser I'd pay $10k for!

Looks good. Welcome! I like the color. List of mods planned? :flipoff2:

sh*t damn she is nice! congratulations :clap::clap::clap:

Sweet ride! Love those wheels! Talk about a turn key dream. Thats a cruiser I'd pay $10k for!

^^^What he said. Got any info on those wheels?

By the way, after seeing those pics, I think I am just as stoked for you as you are to have it. :D

Welcome to the head-turning half of the forum! :flipoff2:
(60's and back :p)

Very nice - sold my 100 series for a 60 and have never looked back...congrats!

Got some TG sliders from UPS today. Should get those on hopefully within the week. It's coming together. :bounce:

Last edited:
Welcome to the sicksty side...
Danny

Thanks, man. Very happy to finally be official.

So would I. :D

Looks good. Welcome! I like the color. List of mods planned? :flipoff2:

Phil, thank you. I like the color as well. Short list: 4+ front/rear w/tire carrier & Jerry cans, TG sliders, debating on HAM vs CB, low profile roof rack, RTT, Lightforce lights, Warn winch, Wagon Gear tailgate storage, my girl wants to get me a snorkel(I don't know about that), lots of gas and many many service roads.

sh*t damn she is nice! congratulations :clap::clap::clap:

jpeg, I'll be up your way fairly soon. I'll give you a shout and maybe we can meet up.

Very nice - sold my 100 series for a 60 and have never looked back...congrats!

Perfect. A good friend asked if I was crazy for going backwards. When she saw it she loved it.

^^^What he said. Got any info on those wheels?

By the way, after seeing those pics, I think I am just as stoked for you as you are to have it. :D

Welcome to the head-turning half of the forum! :flipoff2:
(60's and back :p)

Thanks, man. I've read every post on your thread about your rig. Very nice and impressive work you've done. I'll be down your way on the 26th. I'll shoot you a message. :)

Awesome color, love the wheels, should look great with bumpers and rack. Welcome, to the fantastic addiction. We'll see how long you hold out on the snorkel - hee,hee ;)

Great Truck

I tried really hard to fall in love with a 100, looked at a lot of trucks and just couldnt pull the trigger. My 62 was a no-brainer and I have had no regrets.

In the East Bay of SF if you get down this way.

Congrats on a beautiful truck.

can you post up a picture or two showing more detail of the fan shroud? Maybe from the side?

Awesome rig. Congrats.

Wow... very nice rig! Not a big fan of 62s but damn that is nice looking. Looks like it has a lot done to it already; lift, 33s, engine swap, ARB front and rear, nice stereo with what looks like bluetooth mic on the column, upgraded lights, new tach for the engine swap, and a cb?!

That's a lot of work on a very clean cruiser. Well worth the money as long as you did not pay a huge grip for it!. Is tha the original A440 or did the owner go with something like the 4L60E as well?

Awesome color, love the wheels, should look great with bumpers and rack. Welcome, to the fantastic addiction. We'll see how long you hold out on the snorkel - hee,hee ;)

godzilla, thanks and I'm going to hold out as long as I can. I don't cross water or anything like that or at least I haven't in the pass, but they do look cool.

I tried really hard to fall in love with a 100, looked at a lot of trucks and just couldnt pull the trigger. My 62 was a no-brainer and I have had no regrets.

In the East Bay of SF if you get down this way.

Congrats on a beautiful truck.

I did fall in love with the 100. 9 years, an engine swap, 232,000 miles (8 states, 2 countries) and a ton of memories... Can't wait to make some new ones in the 62.

SWEET!

All the hard work is done... Love the vortec 'eh??

So true. So far, VERY much. The power is awesome.

can you post up a picture or two showing more detail of the fan shroud? Maybe from the side?

Elbert, I will take some pics for you when I get off work this evening.

Nice rig!

Really love theses wheels!! Anyone know the brand?

Thanks, Biche. The wheels are American Eagle Model 100, I believe. 15x8's

Wow... very nice rig! Not a big fan of 62s but damn that is nice looking. Looks like it has a lot done to it already; lift, 33s, engine swap, ARB front and rear, nice stereo with what looks like bluetooth mic on the column, upgraded lights, new tach for the engine swap, and a cb?!

That's a lot of work on a very clean cruiser. Well worth the money as long as you did not pay a huge grip for it!. Is tha the original A440 or did the owner go with something like the 4L60E as well?

gregnash, thanks a lot. It has almost everything done to it. It had an ARB front bumper, but the PO didn't like it and sold it. Good eye for detail. There is a BT mic on the steering column. I will find out which tranny it has in it and let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom