Goodyear Duratracs on FJ62 with FJ Cruiser Wheels...Pics Ahoy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got these delivered on Thursday and mounted today. I am putting them on later today or tomorrow. FJ cruiser wheels with 285/70/17s. I have 1.5" spacers, but we'll see if I need em.

Bought them off of discount tire ebay store. They matched 4wheel parts price and shipped free. Got the tires and the warrantee for $1013!
tire1.jpg
tire2.jpg
tire3.jpg

I know nothing of the Duratrac's but I'm diggin the siping.

I agree, that's a good looking tire. Wonder how big they get.

update: putting these on right now. I was hoping NOT to use the spacers, but I have to. When turned to the far left, the linkage hits the passenger tire.

cost?

So how much did it cost each before tax? did you check Tire Rack for a price difference?love the tread pattern on that tire.

Are those more towards offroading or are they All terrain tires ?

How are they on pavement and how many miles do you expect to get out of them ?

Here is a pic of the ats vs this tire. It is a mix between an all terrain and a mud tire, and it is sipped with the snowflake symbol.

Cost was $1013 shipped with NO TAX from Discount Tires Ebay Store WITH discount tires replacement warranty. They matched 4wheelparts online price (I can pickup here in Denver, so ad tax there) and gave a little more discount. 4wheel was cheaper than tirerack too.

It got too dark to finish, but I have the fronts on. Tomorrow I will finish up with more pics. Not sure how long they will last.
comparison.jpg

Just going by appearance, they are biased towards the dirt, but the siping likely decreases one big downfall of heavily lugged offroad tires: Wet weather traction. Not to say they should perform like Blizzacks in the white stuff or ice, but just a bit better than traditional mud tires on road. Again, just a general statement not backed by specific experience with these tires.

Put the spacers on and mounted the tires. I am really pleased with this setup. I am debating on painting the rims black, but we'll see. Here are the pics.
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg

Nice tires, we have a couple of service trucks at work with those. They are holding up great.

They look like a perfect fit

yeah my 32.5 bfgs always bugged me how they were a little bit small looking. i almost went with the next size up, but they would not fit this rim. I am very pleased with this setup.

I have had them up to 50mph. Not too noisy and smoother at slow speeds that the bfg mud terrain.

Good lookin' tire! I think the rims would look killer blacked out :bounce:. There is also some places that can powder coat them for pretty reasonable. Would probably hold up better than paint, though would require busting the tires off the rim again, and would be out for a few days or so.

Looks like a grey twin of mine.

I've never seen your rig around town but it's sure looking good!

those wheels and tires look good....my alloys on my FJ Cruiser got scratched all time on trail....so if i would not have sold her last month was going to paint them black. my buddy did and holding up very well...i think you will like it.

I'm curious how they do in the snow and ice? Any chance you will be able try them out? Nice looking cruiser by the way.

survey

I'm curious how they do in the snow and ice? Any chance you will be able try them out? Nice looking cruiser by the way.

I was able to browse at Tire Rack survey and test on this particular tire and the ratings over all is high,i think the lowest rating was around 8.:D I'm definitely considering this tire on my next set.

John

P.S What size tire is under your foot?just wondering for comparison.

those rims are siq! paint em black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom