How much does your 60 weigh? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
I have finally decided on some Alcan springs so I weighed my FJ 60 with a full load of gas (80 gallons) and myself for a total of 7060 lbs. I will have to estimate how much weight I will add for a week long trip.

Has anyone else weighed their rig?

That sounds a fair bit on the heavy side to me. I've always heard they were in the neighbourhood of 5300 lbs. Take a look at this though FJ60 Specs curb weight says 4246 lbs although this is with a 24 gal tank, but I'm sure the extra 56 gals don't weigh in at 2800 lbs.

at 6.6 lbs/gal that 80 gal adds 528 lbs only

if you're over 7K (6500 empty fuel) she needs a DIET

I thinking mine's close to 6k with sliders, front bumper, winch, full tank of gas, and the uber heavy snorkel.

Mine is 5500 lbs not combat loaded though I carry alot of gear for wheeling and camping. I also have sliders, bumpers, full length roof rack, over sized tool/gear box in the back and 37 in tires.

I'm in the high 4k range, stockish on 31s, with a tuffy, dog barrier, some goodies under the rear seat (shovel, jumper cables, etc), and a receiver hitch. I'll try to remember and look at my last gravel purchase paperwok to get the 'official' weight.

I have finally decided on some Alcan springs so I weighed my FJ 60 with a full load of gas (80 gallons) and myself for a total of 7060 lbs. I will have to estimate how much weight I will add for a week long trip.

Has anyone else weighed their rig?

Alcan won't work, you're too heavy for them. Trust me.

Loaded weight and empty weight on my 60.
Empty Weight.jpg
Loaded  Weight.jpg

Last edited:
I got just about 5000lbs with me, my sliders, and my roof rack with half tank of gas.

mine weighed in at 5760....but that was fully loaded with about 300 pounds of junk i was takin to the dump.

Haha mine was 5700lbs when it had just about 700lbs of scrap metal in it. Man did the rear end hang low . . .

how much does your 60 weigh

I have a winch, two spare tires, recovery gear, spare parts ,emergency equipment, shovel, axe.

I also have a STOUT front and rear bumpers and sliders. I would guess each bumper is over 150 lbs.

I thought Alcan made springs to the buyers specs.

I have a winch, two spare tires, recovery gear, spare parts ,emergency equipment, shovel, axe.

I also have a STOUT front and rear bumpers and sliders. I would guess each bumper is over 150 lbs.

I thought Alcan made springs to the buyers specs.
They do...but you must tell them what you want.

:DOh...at the junkyard I put her on the scales I am right at 6k....fj62

hwo much does your 60 weigh?

That is why I weighed my cruiser.

I figure another passenger @ 200 lbs, 25 gallons of water @ 200lbs. fridge @ 75lbs loaded and 150lbs of other stuff = 625 lbs

7060lbs+625lbs =7685.

I think better to estimate a little on the high side. Like having ammo, it's better to have too much than too little.

I just need to get the tongue weight on my M416 and I will be ready to order springs.

mine weighed in at 5,760lbs with bumpers front and rear, winch, sliders, full tank (25g), spare tire and some recovery gear.
when alcan made my springs i gave them an estimate of 500lb for cargo that i would be carrying so that the rear springs would be "beefed" enough when the truck is loaded.

devo

mep1811,

Curios as to how you got those numbers. Where did you get your truck weighed in at? Perhaps the scale is out of calibration because I do not see how your truck can weight that much. Check the calibration date of the scale.

I have a diesel and it is a heavier truck vs the fj60 but not 7kbls.

Well , I went to a certified scale and I waited after four military guys weighing their vehicles for PCS moves.

Since no one know about STOUT bumpers I am sure that is why I have a few extra pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom