bj40 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been on here for quite a while and i think its about time i post some pics of my build..... now i am in ireland and fj40 even bj40 are rare as hens teeth so parts are hard to come by . Heres some pics of the progress so fair ........... i strip the body and engine and blasted the frame and had a few plates to weld in the back where the rear springs mount have a look and see what u think..
here what see look like when i got here
landcruiser003.jpg

fj

after a lot of work rebuilding both diffs and fitting all new brake lines and the frame blasted and patch up ...........
landcruiser036.jpg

landcruiser038.jpg

landcruiser034.jpg

fj

still waiting on a lift kit. but thems the things you have to deal with when geting parts over here
new aluminium tub being trail fit
landcruiser041.jpg

just need a ring gear for my engine before i put it back in it a 3lt b diesel engine going back in which again i am having a real hard time finding....

i also have power steering and disc brake ready to be fitted

nice fella.. considering the rarity of parts there, it seems youre doin really well!! ;)

i like the new tub and like the tool box in the garage too!! looks like ya well kitted up..

chassis looks well painted but noticed inside the rails... gonna give there a coat too?

as for what ya started with.. :eek: jebus! thats was a serious case of after market power to weight ratio enhancement.. :lol: good to see ya lovin the 40.. keep it up..

nib.

OME KIt

Great job!

Try to keep it as stock as possible!
I've got the for my BJ42(which I'm currently restoring here in Germany) the 2.5inch OME suspension Kit for 1800 €(16%VAT included)+shipping.The kit includes shock absorbers and steering stabiliser.
Very satisfied from the supplier(good sevice,lowest price out of 7 I tried here in Germany): www.Kruemmel4x4Technik.de

Keep us informed!
res.JPG

Wheres about in Ireland are you, Me i'm from Donegal and am about to ship a 77 bj 40 over there from Japan.
Here's the link...
http://www.outbackimports.ca/sale/06-83-5-ToyotaLandcruiser4x4Diesel.html
Currently i live in Vancouver Canada but spend a good bit of time over there.
I will be shipping a container over there later this year so let me know if you wand some bits shipped.
Good work on the frame...keep the pics coming.

Wheres about in Ireland are you, Me i'm from Donegal and am about to ship a 77 bj 40 over there from Japan.
Here's the link...
http://www.outbackimports.ca/sale/06-83-5-ToyotaLandcruiser4x4Diesel.html
Currently i live in Vancouver Canada but spend a good bit of time over there.
I will be shipping a container over there later this year so let me know if you wand some bits shipped.
Good work on the frame...keep the pics coming.

What type of hard lines are those for the brakes?

sorry a havent been on in a while
just to answer a couple of questions
iam in county carlow gavman and if your ordering parts i love some ....lol
what iam after is some doors for the front and back..........
so keep me in mind
Cheers
the house is an old cow house converted into a small garage its big enough for my mini but not the landcruiser iam afraid

BTW the hard lines are copper brake lines..........
might not be heavy enough but will do for what i am after

i ordered my suspension
the same as u greek OME 2.5" lift complete with greable pins and shakles from LA supertrux in the uk works out about 1600 euros +shipping
also ordered my wheels from summit racing no problem with shipping there $200 for shipping which i think is good value for 5 15" wheels..especially
when cool cruiser of texas charges me $250 for shipping for a box with my body mounts a few others bits in that wasnt heavy my grandma would have lifted it......bit disappointed with them really

anyway back to the build ....
got my engine fitted, exhaut fitted etc.......
also made some brackets and fitted my power steering pump
u can see it circle in red

landcruiser046-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom