Got my Rasta Skid Plate Package. Pics Enclosed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my Rasta Skid Plate Package came yesterday.

Very nicely done.

All 3 pieces:

IMG00192.jpg

Front Skid plate with the air holes for ventilation:

IMG00195.jpg

Fuel tank Skid:

IMG00194.jpg

Gear Box:

IMG00193.jpg

Here is a pic of the thickness of the plates compared to a standard fork:

IMG00197.jpg

I plan on getting them installed next week. It is too dang hot and humid lately to get my under the LC!

110-120 degrees and lately 30-40% humidity! Forget that!

Any thoughts on powder coating them, or are you gonna leave them au-natural.

Any thoughts on powder coating them, or are you gonna leave them au-natural.

Powder coating seems kinda of futile.

Once deep scratch, which is what they are made for, and the coating comes off.

I would rather coat it with mud and dirt :D

I did a treatment on my racecar skid plates called "Clear hard anodized" it would look pretty sweet on your LC.

Very nice. Can't wait to see it on.

If you get some nice pictures with the skid plates on, I will have your car on the website, magazine ads, and flyers. If you are interested....

Just installed the front and center diff plates...couldn't get around to the gas tank. Install was nice and easy, just a bunch bolts realy. Not sure if I did it correctly, but on stock bumpers the front skid plate fits better if you tuck it under the plastic bumper cover.

I will post pics when I get a chance to take some. Probably later today or tomorrow.

One note, not sure what the ARB bumper skid plates look like, but from what little I have seen, I'm not sure how this will marry up with them...maybe Rasta4x4USA can comment more on that.

So far ARB is the only aftermarket bumper that fit with the front skid without having to modify the skid plate.

Here are some pics of the installed plates.
Not much..but it is something!

Front View:

IMG00201.jpg

Side view of the front:

IMG00205.jpg

Transfer Skid Plate:

IMG00204.jpg

Fuel Tank Skid: (those little bubbles are water drops from a puddle)

IMG00203.jpg

Everything was bolt onto the stock holes except for 3 bolts.

These 3 bolts are where the ARB skid plate runs over the Rasta plate. Three holes needed to be drilled through the Rasta plate but otherwise then that, all was perfect and easy.

The front skid goes pretty far under the ARB plate. I will take some pics of that tomorrow.

I guess we will have to wait till I find some nice rocks to get some better pics, unless Chimyz beats me too it :grinpimp:

The underside of your LC is so nice and clean and new...no mud at all. I guess livin in a desert has it's advantages.

The underside of your LC is so nice and clean and new...no mud at all. I guess livin in a desert has it's advantages.

The advantage of living in a sandy area. One car wash and pretty much everything comes off. :)

The advantage of living in a sandy area. One car wash and pretty much everything comes off. :)
Our routine is putting the sprinkler under the rig for 1/2 hr, followed by one wash to take the mud off, and another to clean the car.

Usually it stays pretty dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom