Project LTD GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.photos.moore4x4.com
Well, searched the DMV database for Florida and found that LTD GX is available. A my previous FJ projects both had LTD FJ plates, it is only fitting. Rear shocks are backordered, but almost time for some fun to begin... Getting excited!!!!:p
IMG-20120102-00114.jpg

Looking good. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :cool:

Thanks. Want to get the front done this weekend, and Dan said something about tricking the rear airbags so they stay inflated. Haven't seen any threads in here about it. Does anyone know the link?

How long did it take to get the stuff from Ironman??

Took about a week for all the stuff in the pic. Rear shocks are the only thing left and they are in a container that is supposed to be here on the 10th. I ordered everything thru Brian at ACC. They have been VERY helpful in making sure I have everything to do this build right the first time, including the rear perches and sub assy. I would def recommend contacting them...

I was thinking you completely eliminated the air bag system if you went this route?

I was thinking you completely eliminated the air bag system if you went this route?

You are right when it is completely finished. I am still waiting on the rear shocks, but would like to do the front, as I have all the parts. I've heard doing the front is easier than doing the rear. This is my daily driver, so I figure if I get the front done this weekend, then I will have plenty of time to get the rear done on another weekend after the shocks come in.

If you shorten the AHC sensor arms and basically trick the system into high all the time you can run it for a bit while he waits on his rear parts :)

You are right when it is completely finished. I am still waiting on the rear shocks, but would like to do the front, as I have all the parts. I've heard doing the front is easier than doing the rear. This is my daily driver, so I figure if I get the front done this weekend, then I will have plenty of time to get the rear done on another weekend after the shocks come in.

If you shorten the AHC sensor arms and basically trick the system into high all the time you can run it for a bit while he waits on his rear parts :)

OIC. Pretty slick.

Well, got put on hold for another weekend. Helped a friend do the Metal Tech roll cage addition on his 40. Took a little bit longer than expected. Maybe I should just wait for the shocks and get it all done at once...:rolleyes:

Well, got put on hold for another weekend. Helped a friend do the Metal Tech roll cage addition on his 40. Took a little bit longer than expected. Maybe I should just wait for the shocks and get it all done at once...:rolleyes:

Sounds like they might get there before you get time anyway... :meh:

I wager they are sitting in the same container as my bumper, winch, and snorkel in NJ :)

Well, searched the DMV database for Florida and found that LTD GX is available. A my previous FJ projects both had LTD FJ plates, it is only fitting. Rear shocks are backordered, but almost time for some fun to begin... Getting excited!!!!:p

So what all parts are we looking at here? Are those new diffs?

Today is the day. Wish me luck, sure I'm gonna need it.....:wrench:

Going with the Ironman all the way, even thought the OME Springs are about a 1/2" taller. I see that the Ironman springs say they are load tested though. Not sure if the OME's are. Will probably be putting the OME kit up for sale after I finish installing the Ironman stuff.

Got the fronts done yesterday. Started on the rear today, but the airbags are giving me issues. Put a call in to ACC for help, but they don't open till 9. Sucks working on this crap by yourself. My FJ Cruisers were NEVER this difficult. Wish I had a lift too......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom