Bump It Offroad Sliders Installed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like everyone else who has bought sliders, bumpers, tires, etc. I went through all kinds of debates in my mind over what features I wanted and what I really needed. Most important to me was I didn't want them to look like "steps". But at the same time I wanted to use them as a step! Didn't want it to stick out to far, wanted ot to stick out far enough to step on, you know what I'm talking about. but most importantly, I wanted them to be strong (even though I live 300 or 400 miles from the nearest f*****g rock!

So I checked out the options and looked at every picture I could find of all brand of sliders. I really liked White Knuckles first and I was sold on them. Then I started thinking they looked like they stuck out a little too far and I was concerned about the leverage thing. And with the 3/16 wall outriggers...... They do seem plenty strong enough though by the abuse (sorry.. "treatment") I've seen in the pictures here on MUD. And they deffinetly make a great step.
Slees looked like they fit close in and fairly tight. Difinetly what you want for strength so then I was sold on those but was concerned about being able to get my big feet on them to use as a step.
Bump Its looked just about right - for my feet - and for strength since he uses 1/4 inch wall tubing on the outriggers and the bottom tube and the stick-out is just about in between the WN's and Slee's.
So I shot the wad and Mike had them built for me about 3 weeks later. He shipped them on a Monday and I had them 3, count them - 3 - days - later. Colorado to south Florida. Yee Hawwww!!

I had them shipped to my truck dock at work and brought them home in the back of the truck.
Continued -
P1010018.jpg
P1010020.jpg

I should have got mine powder coated. They look good, badlander. Let us know how the install goes.

Sorry guys,
Looks like I am at my photo limit since I'm new here.
Didn't realize there was a limit for new people.
So, I guess this thread is kaput. It WAS going to be a PICTURE thread!
Anyway, the install went easy as pie.
Tied each slider to a 2 x 4, balanced it out on a floor jack and rolled it into position, pumped it up, and slid the bolts right in.

When I get "cleared" for more kbs I'll post the rest of the pics.

And by the way, the powder coating job is excellent! It's a nice fine texture, grippy for your shoes, but hides scratches at the same time. I've been stepping up on them for over a month now and NO signs of wear on the finish!

I think you should be able to load your images onto a photosite like imageshack and then use the links in you post to insert images.

Atleast that is what i did when I posted pictures of my ride a little while ago when i posted picture of my ride.

{IMG]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4368/img2938ss.jpg [/IMG}

Just replace {} with [] above for each image you insert.

Sorry guys,
Looks like I am at my photo limit since I'm new here.
Didn't realize there was a limit for new people.
So, I guess this thread is kaput. It WAS going to be a PICTURE thread!
Anyway, the install went easy as pie.
Tied each slider to a 2 x 4, balanced it out on a floor jack and rolled it into position, pumped it up, and slid the bolts right in.

When I get "cleared" for more kbs I'll post the rest of the pics.

And by the way, the powder coating job is excellent! It's a nice fine texture, grippy for your shoes, but hides scratches at the same time. I've been stepping up on them for over a month now and NO signs of wear on the finish!

Ahhhh.
Thanks, Mogili222. Great idea!
I'll look into that.
cp

Looking good man! Can't wait to see them installed....

i love the sliders wrapped up like a 300 year old piece of china. dont get me wrong, i would do the same thing, just made me smile. I love the protection for a part that is "supposed" to make contact with rock, stumps etc. They look great:)

Ahhhh.
Thanks, Mogili222. Great idea!
I'll look into that.
cp

or get a silver star(membership) and have unlimited here on ih8mud, and never have to worry about them dissapearing....unless mud slips into another black hole like last year. :eek:

Yukon LX, You're right! I surely DID NOT want to SCRATCH THEM!! Actually those are the blankets Mike ships them in; all wrapped up like a baby and strapped to the pallet with ratchet straps to boot.

And Loud, Yeah, it would probably be easier than me trying to figure out how to use something like image shack, I'm not that computer lit on "uploading" to the web!

I should have got mine powder coated. They look good, badlander. Let us know how the install goes.

i'd save the $100 and not get them powdercoated. Those look awesome, but it becomes a moot point when you're sitting on a rock or two.

you're better off painting them on your own, unless it's just going to be a mall cruiser...

my will be powdercoated.....lol

yeah that is normally my route....3 coats of primer...2 coats of rustoleum black hammered finish....but dont have room in garage and in this cold weather...figured powdercoating is fastest way to get them on rig.

Plus the big chips left on rocks allow for some nice texture when I rattle can the shiny spots. :D :D :D :D

These are not BIO sliders but show the shiny spots on powdercoating that are now touched up all pretty with rattle can so you cant tell unless you get close. :D
018a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom