Clear oil leak near passenger side running board (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed oil was dripping from a spot near the front passenger's footwell.

Crawled under in suit and tie and noticed there's a bracket next to the front of the right running board that holds a couple of lines that look like AC lines. These lines drop down from the engine bay, loop over the right front tire, and then follow the floor pan along the right side of the vehicle.

Is there an AC line that runs all the way to the back right rear cargo area?
Is that how the Rear passengers get their AC?

The oil is very clear, so I know it's definitely not engine oil.

It looks like AC lines because there is one larger diameter, and one smaller diameter. Sort of like the Low pressure return and Hi pressure output you would expect for AC.

At the right rear cargo area, the lines go up to some type of bracket in the floor. I can't tell if I am looking at the base of a pump or some other coupling.

Any ideas? This is something I never noticed before.

I have a FSM, so I will figure it out eventually. Just trying to determine whether we should worry about catastrophe or pain in the a55 repair for after the weekend.

Those probably are the AC lines running back to the rear AC evaporator.

It's the rear AC line(s).

Yes, it's a light clear oil. No, I didn't taste it.
I traced them forward to the engine bay where it splices into the AC lines that go into/outof the firewall.

I'm surprised it's still leaking 5 days later. We are still getting cool air, but probably not for long.

Goes to the dealear tomorrow AM.

Do you have AHC? If so, I imagine this may be AHC fluid driping from the resevoir onto the AC lines. If you have AHC, is the fluid in the reservoir low?

It's a stock my2000 Toyota LC. Not a Lexus LX.

No AHC on this rig. There's a nice big gaping space in the engine compartment passenger side against the firewall where AHC would be. Spare connectors too.

10 to 1 its water (condensation) draining. Mine "leaks" from that exact same spot........try touching it and rubbing it between your index finger and your thumb. If it's slick and doesn't dry, it is some sort of oil; however, if it's somewhat slick but goes away without a residue, it's just water (when I got my truck, I had this very same concern, and you described the exact area where my evaporator drains)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom