Zombie-Proofing (Door Locks) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Welcome to the zombie attack thread.

So, zombies attacking from all sides. I make it to the truck just before they do, jam the key in the ignition and slam the door. But my seat belt gets stuck in the door, preventing it from closing all the way.

I try to lock the doors, but this only causes them ALL to automatically unlock!

I shoulder my door open, bashing the nearest zeke back, then jerk the door shut. I turn the key while trying to lock the doors again – only to find they lock for a fraction of a second, and then UNLOCK!

Whoever designed this system obviously never had to deal with zombies – or, more to the point, brigands. From a security perspective, this is seriously messed up.

When I want the doors locked, I want the doors locked.

Any suggestions as to how to zombie-proof this?

claymore-thumb1-300x222.jpg

I thought it was only the mall jeeps concerned with zombies, all the ones around here have the stupid zombie response team stickers. Please don't affiliate landcruisers with this fad.

My '94 does this too. It's the port installed alarm. My '95s have the alarms disabled and don't have this problem.

I agree, it's a PITA.

My '94 does this too. It's the port installed alarm. My '95s have the alarms disabled and don't have this problem.

I agree, it's a PITA.
How did you disable that alarm?

In one I ripped it out by the roots (took most of a day); in the other I just turned it off. There's a tiny toggle switch, that in my case was mounted on the driver's footwell kickpanel, but which had been tucked in behind it.

In one I ripped it out by the roots (took most of a day); in the other I just turned it off. There's a tiny toggle switch, that in my case was mounted on the driver's footwell kickpanel, but which had been tucked in behind it.
Thanks, I'll take a look for that. I'm told there's a factory-set mod that will lock all of the doors when the key is turned on - but (of course) it also UNlocks all of them when the key is switched off. Also problematical...

My only complaint about this site, ever, is that the best I can do is "like" something.

Thanks, I'll take a look for that. I'm told there's a factory-set mod that will lock all of the doors when the key is turned on - but (of course) it also UNlocks all of them when the key is switched off. Also problematical...
I'd like to know how that's done. I want to make sure I never accidentally do it.

That's how my LX is now.

I removed the factory alarm (RS3000) on my 96 in about 2-1/5 hours, but I managed to stretch it to over 4 hours due to the additional "While I'm in there stuff.......

1) Remove the driver's seat (4 bolts)
2) Find the alarm box under the seat.
3) Insert clip in .45
4) Fire 5 times into the alarm control box.
5) Reinstall the seat.

Now....For real:

1) Remove the driver's seat (4 bolts)
2) Find the alarm box under the seat.
3) Remove the sill plate at driver's door
4) Remove the kick panel cover by driver's feet.
5) Remove the cover panel and steel plate below the steering column.
6) Pull the alarm box from under the DS area and trace the wiring harness to the A pillar at the driver's kick panel area.
7) Remove all the plugs and wires from the bottom of the A pillar
8) Start unplugging the alarm harness, then removing the alarm harness and replugging the main wiring harness ONE AT A TIME until you have the entire alarm harness loose and in your hands. Resist the urge to start cutting wires.
9) Test start the truck
10) Reinstall the seat.

While I was in there, I also did:
Pin 7 Mod
Added CDL switch
Replaced the steering column rag joint
Replaced the firewall steering column seal (boot)
Modified the OBD2 plug so I could keep the Ultragauge plugged in and install my brown plastic cover and the wires went behind the dash panel.

All-in it took me about 4-1/2 hours.

Wheel the snot outa the rig on heavily overgrown trails so the paint is trashed. Put a crack in the windshield. Break off a rear view mirrr. Poke a couple of holes in the taillight lenses. Crush the rockerpanels a bit. Now the Zombies won't be seen anywhere near your rig, but it will be surrounded by WHEELERS!!

If it has low mileage sell it before the zombies get here. PM me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom