Zirk fitting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Dec 21, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
3
Location
hawaii
New to the Land Cruiser community and working on cars in general.
I was wheeling the cruiser and I sheared a zirk a fitting off the drive shaft near the u joint/ slip yolk,
My question is does it look like the threads are still in there from the zirk or did they come out and is the zirk for the u joint or slip yolk and what is the replacement size.
1997 LandCruiser 40th anniversary edition

IMG_6624.webp
 
That's the zerk for the slip yoke, looks to me like the threaded portion of the zerk is still in there. You may be able to get it out using a small screw extractor. I believe the part number for the zerk is 96451-00600, I don't remember the thread size offhand but I was able to get one that fit my 70-series at a local hardware store here in Montana.
 
this is common and use an extractor to spin it out, if you got one. You can use anything that will grip it hard enough for lefty loosie. It's in there with barely any friction. I think it's an M4 thread but I'd take the leftover piece to any auto parts store and you'll come home with a package of five probably!
 
That's the zerk for the slip yoke, looks to me like the threaded portion of the zerk is still in there. You may be able to get it out using a small screw extractor. I believe the part number for the zerk is 96451-00600, I don't remember the thread size offhand but I was able to get one that fit my 70-series at a local hardware store here in Montana.
Thanks man, will give it a try
 
Back
Top Bottom