ZESUPER 12V 13000-lb Winch - Anyone have one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been thinking about a winch. I haven't had a need for one yet but I wheel without other vehicles often enough that I should have one. Has anyone tried this one? Good reviews, good price, synthetic rope. I appreciate the feedback! :)

Amazon product ASIN B07TKBB1XJ
1613661511887.png

Holy cow, for that price I’d give one a go. That’s a lot for the dollar.

The winch might not be as good as some of the others, but if it’s a 13K it’ll probably handle an 80 that often would get an 8000-10000 lb winch.

Try it and find out.

Edit: want to know what amazon would charge canadians for the same winch on their .ca website:

39A1FF37-475B-4B7F-B306-00B7172FC3E5.png

Like all the other china winches in that price range, it will work fine for recovery, it'll pull super slow, and it'll be noisy

Like all the other china winches in that price range, it will work fine for recovery, it'll pull super slow, and it'll be noisy
Sounds German. At least like I hear it in the movies and on Hogan's Heroes.....

Zee Supa Vench!

Holy cow, for that price I’d give one a go. That’s a lot for the dollar.

The winch might not be as good as some of the others, but if it’s a 13K it’ll probably handle an 80 that often would get an 8000-10000 lb winch.

Try it and find out.

Edit: want to know what amazon would charge canadians for the same winch on their .ca website:

View attachment 2588876
Ouch! I wonder if I could buy one here and ship it Canada. That's a hell of a difference!

Last edited:
Only 3 reviews on that one. You should be #4...:)

You replied before I edited My post! The cable is so beefy!

There can’t be THAT many Chinese winch manufacturers, right? These are probably the same as harbor freight badlands and all the other $300-$500 winches out there.

I went down a rabbit hole of cheap Chinese winches on Amazon. You can find them cheaper than that.

I mean, if you’re going cheap why not go all the way? I’ve almost had enough booze to do it...

I especially like this picture of some real world testing. That synthetic rope has got to be at least an inch thick...
View attachment 2589685
Ha!

Photochop didn't even bother to show the winch line strung out. You can see the hook wrapped on the bumper!!!

OMG!

I say take one for the team and send it🤘

Spent $9 more and bought this one off Amazon. $347. Same winch, different name. With a name like X-Bull it has to be good... I was actually able to find a web site for this company so I figure there is a chance of getting ahold of a human in the future, if needed. I'll post a review at some point.

Amazon product ASIN B078JTYWVJ

1613757792165.png

Just make sure you install it with some of those Bad azz 8.8 bolts that everyone brags about using 😂

Learn your bolts people!
I’ll show you some bolt info @Railwelder93 ! Take this! :deadhorse:

No - I am not smart enough to figure this out. I found it on another forum and figure someone will double check these calcs. The winch bolts are 8.8 with the X-Bull winch, which appear to be just fine for the application given there are 4 bolts total.

Here’s the scoop:
Most winches are mounted feet forward so the bolts aren't under much strain, particularly in a straight pull. If you've mounted feet down the bolts are in shear (e.g. the plate wants to cut them off). Feet forward puts the mount into compression, which isn't straining the bolts beyond the off axis load.

Generally pascal is a measure of pressure, which is force per area. One pascal is by definition one newton per square meter, e.g. 1 Pa = 1 N / m^2. The imperial unit that is similar is lbs per square inch, e.g. psi.

What this means to a fastener is you find its area and multiply that by its psi or pascal rating. Metric bolts give you their ratings directly, 8.8 meaning tensile strength<dot>yield strength. IOW, an 8.8 means 800 MPa and 80% of tensile, e.g. 640 MPa is it's rating. A 10.9 is 1000 MPa and 90%, e.g. 900 MPa.

If you convert 640MPa to psi you'll find that to be 92,824 psi, which is as noted basically the same as an SAE grade 5.

Next you find bolt area, which is just geometry. A 10mm bolt has radius of 5mm or 0.005 meters and area = pi * r^2, e.g. it's 7.85 x 10-5 m^2.

So a 10mm 8.8 bolt will handle 7.85x10^-5 m^2 * 640 x 10^6 N / m^2 = 50,240 N or 50.240 kN.

Newtons are measure of force, which can be converted to pounds-force by dividing by 4.448, e.g. that bolt can handle 11,294 lbf. Bolts are rated in tension, so if you're using them in shear you have derate them to 60% usually. That means in shear a 10mm 8.8 will take ~6,777 lbf working.

Started the install. My tube bumper was already set up with the proper bolt pattern so this is pretty much plug and play. The electrical box looks like it is going to be a very tight fit. More to come as I finish the install.

92794388-051C-4143-BFAC-C4759D4774EE.jpeg

D3181171-8B35-4EFC-851C-16A55102CD89.jpeg

3D07A7E7-27BA-41C5-95E8-BBAD58E35D69.jpeg

Spent $9 more and bought this one off Amazon. $347. Same winch, different name. With a name like X-Bull it has to be good... I was actually able to find a web site for this company so I figure there is a chance of getting ahold of a human in the future, if needed. I'll post a review at some point.

Amazon product ASIN B078JTYWVJ

View attachment 2590321
I've had this one for the last year. Line wears quickly. Still works, even the wireless remote still works.

I’ll show you some bolt info @Railwelder93 ! Take this! :deadhorse:

No - I am not smart enough to figure this out. I found it on another forum and figure someone will double check these calcs. The winch bolts are 8.8 with the X-Bull winch, which appear to be just fine for the application given there are 4 bolts total.

Here’s the scoop:
Most winches are mounted feet forward so the bolts aren't under much strain, particularly in a straight pull. If you've mounted feet down the bolts are in shear (e.g. the plate wants to cut them off). Feet forward puts the mount into compression, which isn't straining the bolts beyond the off axis load.

Generally pascal is a measure of pressure, which is force per area. One pascal is by definition one newton per square meter, e.g. 1 Pa = 1 N / m^2. The imperial unit that is similar is lbs per square inch, e.g. psi.

What this means to a fastener is you find its area and multiply that by its psi or pascal rating. Metric bolts give you their ratings directly, 8.8 meaning tensile strength<dot>yield strength. IOW, an 8.8 means 800 MPa and 80% of tensile, e.g. 640 MPa is it's rating. A 10.9 is 1000 MPa and 90%, e.g. 900 MPa.

If you convert 640MPa to psi you'll find that to be 92,824 psi, which is as noted basically the same as an SAE grade 5.

Next you find bolt area, which is just geometry. A 10mm bolt has radius of 5mm or 0.005 meters and area = pi * r^2, e.g. it's 7.85 x 10-5 m^2.

So a 10mm 8.8 bolt will handle 7.85x10^-5 m^2 * 640 x 10^6 N / m^2 = 50,240 N or 50.240 kN.

Newtons are measure of force, which can be converted to pounds-force by dividing by 4.448, e.g. that bolt can handle 11,294 lbf. Bolts are rated in tension, so if you're using them in shear you have derate them to 60% usually. That means in shear a 10mm 8.8 will take ~6,777 lbf working.
Most people use 8.8 and grade 8 interchangeably, and that is incorrect.

Glad to see you are now one less person who will.

If you really want to get dorky read up on how those split “lock” washers actually do less than nothing.

I’m not an engineer, but my last job required a crash course in very specific and specialized bolt and fasteners selection.

But yea grade 5 bolts are almost always good enough. Everything is designed with significant headroom, or at least it should be.

Last edited:
Winch arrived nicely packaged in rigid foam. Comes with a cover which is nice as it will help protect the line I suppose.

View attachment 2599550

View attachment 2599551

You ordered it!!!, way to take one for the team. I really hope this works out for you.

I went wheeling with a group earlier this week and another 80 had a cheap tractor supply winch on his 80. He pulled my 80 and a cherokee out of the sand without skipping a beat. He has had the tractor supply winch for 3 years and claims he has used it more than 50 times.

I am starting to think I will go cheap chinese when I get a winch......

Winch installed. My front tube bumper is from Metal Tech. I bought it used but this should be the same version:

The bolt holes and winch slot were spot on and it bolted right up. The wiring box fit tight if I slid it all the way to the left. This setup would have been great but as you can see there is a conflict with the cable connection.

IMG_2744.JPEG

It looked so good but I didn't want to leave the cable connection buried as shown here:

IMG_2752.JPEG

Here is the back of the wiring box:

IMG_2754.JPEG

I removed the screws and slid the bracket forward 2". I drilled new holes in the bracket so I could reuse two of the screw holes. I took a chance and drilled (carefully) two new holes in the plastic and attached the bracket. Filled the old holes with sealant.

IMG_2774.JPEG

Final pics. I also bought this to replace the hook. Why did I spent this much on this shackle - who knows. I used credit card points on Amazon. I am highly confident, however, that the winch line is the weak point in the assembly. Everything else can handle 20k pounds or more:
Amazon product ASIN B08K461T8D
1614992025754.png

IMG_2787.JPEG

Now there is room for the control lead:

IMG_2788.JPEG

With the 2" adjustment the electric box come right up and under the frame of the grill. I wish I would have cheated it 1/4" more as I will struggle to put the cover on. I keep this rig indoors and I like the look of the winch so I might not even use the cover.
IMG_2790.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom