Yet another annoying wheel/tire thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the 275/70R18 Toyos

They are the LT, not the XT, correct? Do you know if they have the 2-ply or 3-ply sidewall? The toyo website used specify, but I think they removed the sidewall info from the specifications table as I cannot find it even though the footnotes make reference to it. I thought it used to say something like 3/2/2 tread and 3 sidewall for the XT and 2/2/2 tread and 2 sidewall for the LT. Now it says all E-rated tires are 10-ply and doesn't differentiate between the XT and LT.

What pressure do you run? Most all of the negative reviews have to do with tread seperation, but I think this is mainly on the full-size trucks running 50 lbs when they should be running 80.

Do you feel any sway due to sidewall flex on the highway at full pressure?

non-XT variety. When I bought them and last I checked the Toyo site, there were no XT options available for this size. I definitely would have gone for the XT if it was available in this size, but I don't expect to have any issues with this 2-ply sidewall with the places I wheel.

I run them around 40 psi cold on the highway. I'm currently running a Slee front bumper as my only added weight. No sidewall issues that I notice at this pressure.

Off road I've settled at around 28-30 psi in the front and 30-32 psi in the rear. This softens the ride and gives some flex when weighted against obstacles. Nothing like airing down a larger tire, but I wouldn't run them lower than this due to the shorter sidewall.

They are the LT, not the XT, correct? Do you know if they have the 2-ply or 3-ply sidewall? The toyo website used specify, but I think they removed the sidewall info from the specifications table as I cannot find it even though the footnotes make reference to it. I thought it used to say something like 3/2/2 tread and 3 sidewall for the XT and 2/2/2 tread and 2 sidewall for the LT. Now it says all E-rated tires are 10-ply and doesn't differentiate between the XT and LT.

What pressure do you run? Most all of the negative reviews have to do with tread seperation, but I think this is mainly on the full-size trucks running 50 lbs when they should be running 80.

Do you feel any sway due to sidewall flex on the highway at full pressure?

I have been strongly considering the Toyo XT ATii (for my 80:moon:). I do agree from what I gather from all the reviews it is the heavy 1 ton trucks that have all the separation problems.

i've got the AT2 X on my rig, 285 65 18....they are not too loud and balance and wear great...only problem is the price, you pay a premium for Toyo's. I'll second the M55 is the best tire out there, had them on my 1/2 ton ford and older cherokee's...never on the cruiser. I've had a couple issues with the BFG's TA/KO...last set I had started cracking between the tread, and when I purchased them, they had one tire so hard to balance they tossed it....never mounted, that way from the factory. I have "heard" that Toyo makes the statistically roundest tire. Won't get another brand for my 100. Thinking of getting a set of the OC WLT1 for winter...can get them in a 33.3" diameter..

Just wanted to close this out. I ended up finding some factory 16" wheels and getting the 285/75R16 Toyo AT2. Thanks for all the advice.

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

Clip-on weights!!!

Tires look nice!

What sliders are those. I like!

Metaltech. They're really nice.

Let us know you're verdict on these when you've had them a while.

For my next set of tires it's either the Toyo OCs or Nitto TGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom