Xenon Bulbs to Leds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ηειιο all.

Recently, I upgraded my land cruiser 2010 headlights to 2013 headlights. The one with Projector Low beams. I got into a problem of not having the OEM ballasts for the xenon bulbs. And the ones available are fairly expensive in my country.

My question is, instead of using xenon bulbs in the projector, can I go for a led bulb ? That way I would not even need a ballast.

If i can use a LED bulb what is the type of such bulbs as they are kind off different. Or, even if not LED can i go for halogen in the projectors ? For now i want my headlights to be functional.

Thank you people

It's very easy to convert your H11 lowbeams and fogs with a plug and play LED kit and the performance is excellent. LED has a number of design advantages including less power usage, superior water resistance and longevity, and no high voltage ballast required. Search on Amazon for a few of the top tier brands. I use stock Xenon + 2 Opt7 sets. Very bright.

| SYLVANIA Automotive

Recommend changing the backup lights as well, improves image at night.

Even if the bulb is not the same standard as the projector, you can modify it to fit and get some very good performance.

I used to run a set of Mercedes S550 high beam projectors in the fogs of my old ES (40 bucks on eBay, took them out when I sold it and still have them) that had better performance than the projectors of the LX 570 high beam.

It's very easy to convert your H11 lowbeams and fogs with a plug and play LED kit and the performance is excellent. LED has a number of design advantages including less power usage, superior water resistance and longevity, and no high voltage ballast required. Search on Amazon for a few of the top tier brands. I use stock Xenon + 2 Opt7 sets. Very bright.

| SYLVANIA Automotive

Recommend changing the backup lights as well, improves image at night.

Thats good news for me. Let me look for H11 LED bulbs for low beams

When I searched google for the first few days, i found out that the low beams in 2013 cruisers uses a bulb ( D4S ). Will H11 LEDs fit in them ?

H11 bulbs will not fit on the D4S projectors. How expensive are the ballasts there in Qatar? When I upgraded to the 2013 headlights, the ballasts weren't that expensive and even cost less than the OEM Toyota bulbs. So I just bought the ballasts from the dealer and bought Osram CBI bulbs online.

Another option is to get used ballasts from ebay.

H11 bulbs will not fit on the D4S projectors. How expensive are the ballasts there in Qatar? When I upgraded to the 2013 headlights, the ballasts weren't that expensive and even cost less than the OEM Toyota bulbs. So I just bought the ballasts from the dealer and bought Osram CBI bulbs online.

Another option is to get used ballasts from ebay.
The ballasts here are around 1000 qrs or 364$ for each side . Are there any led bulbs that will fit in the ds4 projectors ? Or any trick amd hack ?

The ballasts here are around 1000 qrs or 364$ for each side . Are there any led bulbs that will fit in the ds4 projectors ? Or any trick amd hack ?

Wow that is indeed expensive! Here in the Philippines, the ballast (81107-60F10) from the dealer is 8,629 pesos or US$165 each. The bulb (90981-20024) is more expensive at 11,046 pesos or US$213 each.

There are D4S LED bulbs out there, however you will have to find a way to seal the opening since it's the ballast that covers the access hole for the projector bulb. Just do a search for "D4S LED" on Amazon or ebay.

The Mercedes projectors were designed for H9 bulbs,

41XvFc-iLFL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I modified the projector housing where the bulb locks to work with a 9005 LED standard (larger).
opt7-fluxbeam-led-headlight-kit-9005-9006-h1-h3-h4-h7-h11-h1_iZ97472397XvZxXpZ1XfZ82102805-561372663-1.jpgXsZ82102805xIM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom