Wanted WTB first gen 4Runner, prefer 85 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for first gen 4Runner, prefer 1985. Must be 22RE and 5 speed. No autos/V6 please. Will consider IFS models if very clean. I would even consider working a deal with my 100 series Land Cruiser if that is of interest. I am in north Texas but will travel for the right vehicle.

If you know of one for sale please let me know! Thanks MUD!

Canon88,

It’s an 85 w/ 22re and straight axle w/ w56 5 speed.

240k rebuilt and machine work at 220k w/ papers many engine upgrades at this time such as single timing chain, LCE headers, full exhaust, intake, egr delete, v6 calipers and dual diaphragm booster.

OME all around. Medium duty.

IFS aluminum wheels w/ new 31” BFG ATs

Factory 4.10 gears with rear LSD locker

Arb up front w/ hella aux lights, new harness and glass housed hella h4 headlights.

Rear custom bumper with tire swingout

Frame sliders

New window tint all the way around.

Bluetooth stereo w/new dash speakers, installed rear 6.5” speakers with 10” sub and amp hidden in dead space of rear quarter panel.
Power intervert wired up in rear quarter panel w/ outlets, usb plugs and a hot switch for rear window.

Rear drawers can convert to full 75” sleeping platform with custom fit foam pad.

All interior, marker and reverse lights switched to LEDs.

SR5 interior package but no inclinometer.

Full synthetic fluids and gear oil all around.

Everything works except rear defrost in glass. Like all cars of its age problems can arise but it has never let me down it only requires a bit of awareness and desire to maintain. Hate to sell but continuing school and if someone desires it I would be willing to sell. I have forgotten a few things I’m sure but here’s a start to the info.

Current price $12,000

85Runner

Here's one that looks pretty good to me. $8400 on Hawaii Craigslist Jan 12. 2018
image 1 of 8
00j0j_asVnKcNM1Un_600x450.jpg

(google map)

1985 Toyota 4Runner

condition: excellent
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 155000
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: SUV

Classic '85 4Runner, 22re engine runs great.
I bought this in Alabama, arrived on island Dec 2016. I am the third owner.

This 4Runner is the last model year Toyota produced the straight front axle and the first year for electronic fuel injection.
This vehicle is all original with a few exceptions: new 15x7 rims; 2nd generation 4Runner seats installed (front/back); Rancho Add-A-Leaf Kit installed on the rear suspension; new rubber mats front, back, and cargo area.

Just over 3k miles on the tires, 30x9.50R15, BFG All Terrain KO2.

Freshly painted in June 2017.

Items replaced within the past year:
oxygen sensor, alternator, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor, rotor, timing chain, water pump, oil pump, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket

The previous owner replaced:
Radiator, hoses, master cylinder, brake lines, thermostat, trans fluid

The top is removable, new bikini top included.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom