Wanted WTB first gen 4Runner, prefer 85 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for first gen 4Runner, prefer 1985. Must be 22RE and 5 speed. No autos/V6 please. Will consider IFS models if very clean. I would even consider working a deal with my 100 series Land Cruiser if that is of interest. I am in north Texas but will travel for the right vehicle.

If you know of one for sale please let me know! Thanks MUD!

I have an 1984, 22r with a 5 speed,new paint, tires, rims ,engine and its getting factory oem graphics on friday. Interior is a little rough, but the dash and guages are nice its just missing some plasic trim in the far rear panels. Its about a 4" lift with 33's. It has a complete new exhaust system too. Just passed smog in California, runs gr
841.JPG
842.JPG
int1.JPG
eat.

Looks nice, but I'm holding out for the EFI. Did you need spacers to clear those wheels?

Yes it has 2" in front and 1" in the rear.

Are you looking for a project or something cherry?

I would like something in between. But, it just depends on the vehicle. I'm not willing to travel for a project truck, but would consider one if its close enough to go look at.

I have an 85 4Runner SR5 with 74k miles, 5spd manual, and 22re. It's not perfect but is in really good shape, mostly original, and runs great!

IMG_2257.jpg

I'm looking for $8500. Can post more pictures if you're interested

Bump! Put off the search for a while but I'm back at it. :)
I have an 88 SR5 22re with 166k here in Fort Worth, it is an automatic though :(. I know you said you want a manual so I understand if you're not interested. I can send pics too if the auto isn't a deal breaker. Only asking $3500.

I have an 88 SR5 22re with 166k here in Fort Worth, it is an automatic though :(. I know you said you want a manual so I understand if you're not interested. I can send pics too if the auto isn't a deal breaker. Only asking $3500.

Yeah man I would prefer the 5 speed as my previous 4Runner had the auto and I wasn't a fan. I do appreciate the thought. Thanks

So I'm a bit out of the way...in Auburn, Al...but I picked up an 88 in a trade earlier this year and have yet to mess with it other than occasionally putting through the dirt roads to the shooting range. The previous owner drove it daily until March, but it definitely needs some tweaking in my opinion before I'd do that and I could provide details about everything I know of. I intended to slowly build up a solid camping rig, but between purchasing a 100 series to DD and my dad picking up a CJ-7 I can borrow for the woods, I haven't put it to use. It has the 22re, 5-speed, 220k on the clock, red and all stock. Manual lock-in hubs, and an variety of spare parts. The I car traded was asking 3.5k for, but considering the distance, known issues, picking up a 100, and being a fellow mud member am looking for less. Don't have any need to sell it and haven't listed it anywhere, but I hate to see it sit and don't see my time freeing up too soon. Let me know if you would like any more information, you can reply here or shoot me an email rjy0001@auburn.edu

20160503_120703.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm a bit out of the way...in Auburn, Al...but I picked up an 88 in a trade earlier this year and have yet to mess with it other than occasionally putting through the dirt roads to the shooting range. The previous owner drove it daily until March, but it definitely needs some tweaking in my opinion before I'd do that and I could provide details about everything I know of. I intended to slowly build up a solid camping rig, but between purchasing a 100 series to DD and my dad picking up a CJ-7 I can borrow for the woods, I haven't put it to use. It has the 22re, 5-speed, 220k on the clock, red and all stock. Manual lock-in hubs, and an variety of spare parts. The I car traded was asking 3.5k for, but considering the distance, known issues, picking up a 100, and being a fellow mud member am looking for less. Don't have any need to sell it and haven't listed it anywhere, but I hate to see it sit and don't see my time freeing up too soon. Let me know if you would like any more information, you can reply here or shoot me an email rjy0001@auburn.edu

View attachment 1352843

Looks nice! Is a bit far from me, and if it was an 85 I may take the trip. There are a few local to me, non-85 models that I may take a look at first. Still hoping for the 85. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom