Wanted WTB Carb gauge set-Special Service tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a Toyota SST for adjusting the carb butterflies, etc. and a driver set.
The tool numbers are: Gauge set=09240-00013
Driver set=09860-11011.
The folks at SPX can't help, and Toyota Motor is still looking. Anyone have these SST sets? (mainly need the gauge set)
thanks,
Gary

FJ40Jim--yes, I called them. They list it but can't get it-apparently, Toyota was going to upgrade the no. and make it, but they never did, so looks like the gauge set is unobtainable.
Given that, does anyone know what the secondary kick up opening is in terms of a micrometer/feeler gauge in between the plate and throttle body?--My guess is it's somewhere about 1-2 mm of opening, when the plate is set at the factory 25-28 degrees.--maybe this should go in the tech thread?
Gary

There is a carburetor drive set listed as part 09860-11013 in the 2012 Toyota Recommended Tools and Checkers catalog.

View attachment 2012 Recommended_Tools_and_Checkers.pdf

I've ordered other tools from this catalog from Japan using Amayama.com. Amayama's web site provides pricing for 09860-11013 as $61.07. They also provide pricing for the 09240-00014 gauge set mentioned above as $190.89. Both of these from UAE. Providing a price does not guarantee the part is available, but it may be worth checking further with an inquiry.

Both of these tools sold recently on eBay.

09860-11011.jpg

09240-00010.jpg

09860-11011.jpg

09240-00010.jpg

Oh, man that's just what I need! Too bad I missed it! I'll try your suggestion----
Gary

If I did this right, there should be a picture of the new improved, but cost more Carb Adjusting tool 09860-11013- got it from Amayama and it cost 104.13 plus about $25 shipping, but it is a nice set with a handle and two nut drivers

Carb Adj Tools.jpg

I think the Ebay person wanted $199, so this is a better deal....

I pretty much exhausted myself trying to find these SSTs. I finally gave up and made my own out of brass stock(carb gauge set)-and driver set-didn't make All the tools, but enough to get the adjustments done(with the help of a dial indicator gauge and depth gauge--pics if you guys want - too late tonight to get them, but I can get them tomorrow if interested.

Last edited:
@sggoat , @FJ40Jim , @Tanker120 , @wscbill , @67azcruizr

Did anyone every come up with a simpler way to measure throttle plate position or a way to DIY your own version of the SST 09860-11011?

I'm looking to check the throttle plates and don't have that SST, so I'm looking to ideas on how to confirm they are within spec..

If I can't measure, then I guess my only other option is trial and error.

My symptoms are poor gas mileage and hesitation/sluggishness under acceleration (around 2000 rpms) after modifying the secondary slow cut valve so that it is solely vac operated.

I suspect fuel leaking at idle or starvation in transition in the secondary as a result of an improperly set secondary throttle plate:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tr...t-valve-modification-on-aisin-2f-carb.822081/

The secondary should be totally closed airtight whenever the secondary is not in operation. No gage required for that, just a bright light to check for zero clearance around the butterfly.
Alright, thanks for the suggestion, Jim. I'll give the flashlight trick a try...shine light down the primary and take a peak in the secondary to see if it is getting by...

If it passes the light test, I'm thinking I might have to pull the carb and double check to make sure all the circuits are clear, too...

Ssgoat posted up info and pictures on the brass gauges he made to function like SST 09860-11011:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tro...t-valve-modification-on-aisin-2f-carb.822081/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom