Would you buy this 87?+PICS+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And yet again ken you are right and I was wrong...

Maybe i should slow down and listen to the teacher.

:idea:

Anyone have a 3rd with 5.29's they wanna sell???????

I want somew better pics of the bed... I ownder if its downeys or the old california stepside beds (which I own the molds too!!:D )

it may be downeys modular bed (either side wil work on each side) or the northwest offroad version of cali minis (no longer carry them) oldschool.
TOY2-26-07011.jpg

I tried to check the front today but it didn't work out so well. I jacked up one side, marked the tire and the u-joint. I had the trans in N and the transfer case in 4hi. I turned the tire and as it turned it got hard to turn, I used two hands and the wheel started turning but the drive shaft didn't. Then I jacked up both wheels and tried it again, same thing. :confused:

HMMM.......

If that was the front?

Any one else thinking what I'm thinking?

Go get you some roll over 4r gears front and rear forget what you have.

Also check 4x4 mini auto tans.

G292 4:10
G254 4:56
**10 4:37
**14 4:87
**28 4:30

G is 8" diff
2,3 or 4 imply pinion's in the spider gear's
and the last two #'s are the ratio's

Double HMMMMM.................

I once had a T-100 with factory 4:87's

I bet they'll be near imposable to find though.

BTW, 4WIW, I have read countless mag's and other sources and 2MK I think they ALL imply you can "set up" the gears without a pinion depth tool or gauge.

This has always been a quandary for me, and if I had the money Summit has one, costs more money than initially thought of but 2MK you will set up the diff THE FIRST TIME right and not have to re shim the pinion if incorrect. And it is reusable, win win to me :)

This is my opinion, 2MK and.........AND the artical I read in P4WOR specifically for IFS Toyota in the pictures, the tools they bought from Randy's R&P where the same one's you get at Harbor Freight ;)

Yeah, but honey if "WE" get this hydrolic press, "WE" can make wine with it....

And honey if "WE" get this pinion depth gauge I'll let you use it in the garden for the tomatoes............................:D

Tell her the part's cleaner roticery is for making bread ;)

Last edited:
Update with Pic's

Its alive!
I did a bunch of stuff here is the "major" stuff.
New trans and T-case, found it has a newer center force cluch when I pulled the old trans out.
New 35" Pro-Comp mud terrains.
New Motive Gear 5.29's in the rear to match the front Richmonds.
Changed or checked all fluids.
Covered the bright green roll cage with black pad.
Had the whole dash out trying to figure out why the heat would not work and the whole time it was just the cable was off the little flap thing for the hot/cold air blend thing.:mad:

I made a bunch of short trips and got about 100 miles on the new gears, so I'm gonna change the oil and go wheeling next Sat.
Here are a few pics from the last couple weeks.

Toyota3-20-07008.jpg

Toyota3-20-07007.jpg

Toyota4-9-07003.jpg

Toyota4-9-07004.jpg

Toyota4-12-07002.jpg

Here is an 85 xtra cab I found not far from my house, I'm thinking about buying it.

Toyota3-20-07003.jpg

Toyota3-20-07005.jpg

Just wanted to give ya an update.
Thanks for looking
Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom