Wiring help needed from the gurus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remove the instrument cluster and take a photo of the 6" of harness connecting to the back of the headlight switch.

You'll probably find where the wire was cut and spliced off to the toggle.

Thanks, yes that’s what I saw on the wiring diagram as well. The w/b seems to go to the wiper switch. The w/b I was referring to earlier is different though. The previous owner just happened to use w/b to go from the plow lights to the toggle switch. I will have to confirm that the w/b from the headlights goes to the wiper switch as it’s supposed to. It’s odd that it would but then again I’m not a wiring expert. Perhaps it’s just to complete the grounding circuit?
The FSM is a little more straightforward:
1693306010967.png

And show WB going to ground on the next page.

Most likely, they found the RY and RG wires, cut them and put the switch in the middle with the plow lights on it.

Have you tried just putting the RY and RG wires back together without the switch? Should be able to just wrap and tape for a quick test, and if that works a butt splice and some heat shrink.

Remove the instrument cluster and take a photo of the 6" of harness connecting to the back of the headlight switch.

You'll probably find where the wire was cut and spliced off to the toggle.
Thanks, I will do that soon!

The FSM is a little more straightforward:
View attachment 3414148

And show WB going to ground on the next page.

Most likely, they found the RY and RG wires, cut them and put the switch in the middle with the plow lights on it.

Have you tried just putting the RY and RG wires back together without the switch? Should be able to just wrap and tape for a quick test, and if that works a butt splice and some heat shrink.
Hi thanks, yes I did reattach the RY and RG wires but the headlights still didn’t work. I was hoping it would be that simple. I’ll be digging into it more in the next week. Appreciate your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom