Wing window UN-delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My pig came with plexiglass in place of the wing windows, and what looks like piece meal rubber parts for seals. As I have got in on the order for the rubber from Hostralia, I realize that I am getting rubber that probably wont fit my application. Is going back to wings worth it for one, and is it as easy as sourcing some wings? Am I asking for trouble? I kinda like the wing window. It reminds me of being kid sitting the front seat of a mustang with no seat belts blasting the air on my face.

If you have your original early doors, it'll be as easy as sourcing the wing assemblies right and left and bolting them in. I wouldn't be without 'em given I'm still running "Third World Air" in my '73/'74. Probably get you a step closer to almost being able to listen to tunes because of the better sealing. Believe Pigs had wings into the mid-70s, don't know exactly when the switch occurred to one-piece front door glass. I'd bet @Pigeaten could help you out.

If you have the right doors for the wings then by all means do it. They work good and look good. There are a lot of parts you would need. unless someone sells you the whole post and hinge?, etc. I can't find the picture right now, but there's quite a few small pieces.

Yes, my doors are the '70 doors. It seems to still have the track but just a flat piece of plexi is somehow fastened in there. Not sure how much is missing other than the boat sail frame and glass. I have seen a few full assemblies on the interwebs for sale. Maybe I just buy em and dig in.

Here's a few pieces....

IMG_2546.JPG

No fun in that, besides they should taken apart and cleaned. On assembly you can tighten up the spring so the wing stays open under high velocity get aways.

No fun in that, besides they should taken apart and cleaned. On assembly you can tighten up the spring so the wing stays open under high velocity get aways.
You damn perfectionists! How can one person be so anal about some things and still opt for PBR? I’ve even seen you carrying out a case of Coors Light!

My 12/'74 Pig came with the 1 piece door glass, i hated it. Couldn't roll the window all the way up at freeway speed. One of my first mods was to put a windwing in. Not a hard job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom